Getting an A.geniculata to drop eggsac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting an A.geniculata to drop eggsac

Mated my large 8Year old A.geniculata last September 2006, no sign of her dropping the sac yet. Still feeding extremely well, no darkening to show an impending moult.

Is there some trick i've missed to help make her drop the sac?
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

You got further than I did. I can't seem to get the male any closer than a few inches and he then runs away.

Have you tried cooling her? Have you tried upping the humidity?

This is my experience from a tank of a species B. albopilosum, but being that it was my first mating ever I didn't know any better. Her substrate was junk and really needed to be changed. I made up a new tub with 6 inches of substrate then carefully eased her out of the one and into the new one. The ambient humidity of the freshly made up substrate was much higher than the old dilapidated stuff. This is one of only 2 factors I can conclude to be why she laid a sac. The other is she had an absolutely monstrous abdomen and was likely to lay a sac anyway.

Comment

Neil,
      try misting the tank a little heavier than normal and upping the temp a few degrees to simulate the normal habitat after the rainy season.
      a chap in doncaster told me this and he has really good sucess with this genus.
      hot and muggy does it, he says.

Colin
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi NAil!

Tell me please, what time the female shed before you've mated her?
        It is known the cases female produces viable sacs after over 1 year from mating.
        All the best,
        Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

It was less than 2 months. Female had only just started eating again.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
          X