No announcement yet.

Just to say Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the advise re latin names and the title of the Tarantula book,I found one in Waterstones on line and the great news is they do not charge for delivery they only seem to have the paper back but for under £7.00p and sent out the next day it seems a real bargain . I have one or two books on spiders and this one is eagerly awaited as i need help with the latin names too. Thank You Yvonne
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Dont know if posting a link to another tarantula society is allowed but he goes anyway

A Key to the Pronunciation and Meaning of Scientific Names of Popular Species. (American Tatantula society)
      Part 1 http://atshq.org/articles/beechwp1.html
      Part 2 http://atshq.org/articles/beechwp2.html

Comment

cheers! i'll have to give that some practice
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

vietnamese black

My T' has curled up in a wee ball and has not moved since Thursday night. Is she dead or moulting??? She is not on her back but is facing upwards sitting on her rump with her fangs fully exposed

Comment

The most natural position for a spider to die in (and yes there are exeptions) is to have all its legs pulled up under it and seems to be in a crouching position.

I would use a soft paintbrush and gently try to push the spider to move it, if it just rolls over and doesn't try in the slightest to right itself then unfortunately is would seem it has passed.

Colin
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by garysmith View Post
              My T' has curled up in a wee ball and has not moved since Thursday night. Is she dead or moulting??? She is not on her back but is facing upwards sitting on her rump with her fangs fully exposed
              doesn't sound normal

Comment

Thanks Peter, I have had a glance and it seems really helpfull.
                Yvonne

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Working...
                X