H. lividum strange coloration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H. lividum strange coloration

I have 2 H. lividum females, the "normal colored one" is 4.75"-5" and this other one is 5.5" or so.

Note both pics were taken same day and same spot so lighting shouldn't have much to do with the photo's.

Any Ideas?

Both are also within a month post molt as well.

Normal:

Other:

First one is light/normal colour form, the second is dark colour form/burmese form

Comment

The coloration of both have nothing related to color forms as there're no color phorms in H. lividum.
      These a different age speciemens if following the size description..

BTW. I would bet, that if You Trevor don't do something the second speciemen would die in the close further time... it is dehydrates for sure.
      How do You keep it?
      All the best,
      Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

This has completely thrown me. mine has (apart from just after moult when her body is all sky-blue) a black abdomen, grey carapace, and apart from the front two legs the others glow only in parts under light, and then a much lighter sky-blue again.Otherwise they are black. The top part of her front legs are like this but the lower segments don't glow and are a more blue-purple colour. Also she has the black pinstripe leg markings your Burmese has. I hope she's not a hybrid or something as I'm about to start breeding her.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I'm with you on this one Nicola......

Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 10-02-08, 03:17 PM.
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Yes she is a bit wierd. She's also gone off crickets now and eats locusts like they're nectar or something. And I don't mean just small ones either! The male I've got looks ok though and has settled in really quickly so I'm going to try and put them together. What comes out at the other end if there's an egg-sac is anybody's guess though!! At least they'll be spiders.
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail F. Bagaturov View Post
              The coloration of both have nothing related to color forms as there're no color phorms in H. lividum.
              These a different age speciemens if following the size description..

BTW. I would bet, that if You Trevor don't do something the second speciemen would die in the close further time... it is dehydrates for sure.
              How do You keep it?
              I keep her in a 10 Gallon tank half full of semi moist substrate, and her water dish is always full. She didn't look too healthy when I got her. I just hope she can make it through mating/eggsac.

Here's some pics when I got her.

Comment

That lividum looks very ill
                If I were you I'd mist her everyday for a couple weeks and see if that helps.
                At least shes feeding ok though...

Comment

good luck Trevor, hope you're able to get her through what looks like a tough period!!!
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                  My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

All I can tell from the pictures it was better looking on arrival and after molt she looks rather bad.
                    But if you keep moisture very well, provide her with the think layer of the humid substratum and she starts to eat, she may recover.
                    So, good luck to You!
                    All the best,
                    Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Update:

I got her to eat 3 crickets last night

Tomorrow I'm going to try a big juicy silkworm. If she takes that her abdomen should fill up again.

Comment

good luck mate, hope she recovers!
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                        X