Happy Birthday Boo boo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Boo boo!

My Lasiodora Klugi boo boo is 1 today (at least calculated from when the box with the spiderling arrived).
    She (I think) is now at least 10 cm across and doing very well. I'm rather proud to have raised her thus far (or perhaps it's an easy species).
    I haven't once had a problem with urticulating hairs or any aggresive behaviour, probably because I've never bothered her!

I wish I could be as happy with my Australian Tarantula S. crassipes. It's gone into hiding again and I haven't seen it for at least a month (perhaps this is normal).

Hi Daniel,
    This is very normal with a lot of Aussie tarantulas. I think the record is about 6 months. they do hibernate (if thats the right word) and some species are very nocturnal, though they are a joy to keep, especially when they get bigger. the consolation is that the females live for a long time like Brachys and not so much like other asian species. the males are the same as normal though, a few months after maturation. If you want the full bit on Selenocosmia and other Australian species look up www.theata.org its well worth it. Personally I think we could do with a lot more Aussie species more available in the hobby!
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
    X