This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new arrival

me again,hello everyone and i post this totally p*****off{excuse the profanity},,my mexican fireleg sling i ordered from the tarantula barn arrived today dead.........now im no expert on sending slings through the post but the little dude must of had such an ordeal it didnt make it,i was suprised to find the plastic pot it was sent in had no ventilation holes in it? i know the sling would not use that much oxygen but ,ive emailed steve at the barn hopefully i will hear from him soon, im really
    ***** that the little fella isnt charging round his new plastic tub i got eating crickets GODAMIT.
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 04-12-07, 09:58 PM.
    all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Awww...that's a sad end...I was hoping to be congratulating you today.

Like I said before...when I ordered from Steve, all of the slings were in really good shape, nice and rounded, good sized specimens...well packed too, so maybe your sling was thinking about moulting in transit and didn't cope too well?

Sorry for your loss anyways.

Comment

it's not a blame issue, Scott. packing without airholes is fine. T's don't breathe the same as we do, and they can get by for a good while without airholes.
      for instance, i was talking to someone who had to send his T's airmail. the misguided airline wouldn't ship them without airholes...but subsequently many of the T's froze to death in transit.
      sometimes slings die, and it was probably just fine when packed.
      i'm sure if you contact the trader rather than flaming them on public boards you will get satisfaction.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

blame???

stop the boat......im not blaming anyone ok the damn thing was D.O.A im angry that after waiting a week it turns up dead....ive tried to email the tarantulabarn and its been blocked by his spam filter and when i go to contact steve on the sites homepage theres no way of contacting him..so excuse me james,this is the 1st time i have ordered a sling online and i aint impressed.anymore sarcastic replies to this anyone??
        all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Scott
          I fully understand your disappointment! nothing worse than DOA, I am sure that a replacement well be dispatched once you have contacted TarantulaBarn.

I will PM you about this OK.

In the mean time this thread is locked and I would appreciate that profanity be left off this board, we have several members her who are very young.

Best regards
          Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hi Scott.

There haven't been any sarcastic remarks made as far as i can see and i'm sure there won't be in any follow up posts.
            I can understand your frustration and would assume that when Steve reads this he will contact you at some point to resolve the situation to both yours and his satisfaction.

Please continue to be aware that this is a public forum that is read by children and some people who may be offended by "colourful" language written in the heat of the moment. hence the editing of your first post.

Sorry about the loss, hope it gets sorted soon mate

Colin
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
            X