New Member (Glasgow Andy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member (Glasgow Andy)

Hi there everybody, at long last I have started a thread! It took me two days and some help from more experienced members to do so! My computer skills suck!
    Its good to be here and I have really enjoyed looking through the sight, its really cool.
    Anyways, I just got myself a Mex. Red Knee and have been totally buzzing about it! I got a viv and all the stuff, underground heating.....the works!
    My T. is about two and a half inches leg span, just a wee one, but hopefully I will be patiend...do the right things....and eventually it will grow to be a beauty. Its a cool wee thing the now, dont get me wrong.
    I told some other members that it burrowed a wee hole and was sitting tight for a day or so, now it had covered up its hide away and I became worried! I am new and spider behaviour!
    It was facinating just to watch it make its burrow, carrying wee mouthfulls of substrate and papping it out at the exit, wow, it seemed to have the opendoor policy for a bit........now its gone underground!
    I will keep tuning in and look for help and tips, rock on.

Sorted the thread starting then eh Mate, nice one

Glad you're enjoying the site.

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hiya Andy and welcome to the BTS forum. Its a great place to be for advice and information.

Congratulations on your first Tarantula. B smithi are totally gorgeous even though I still dont have one of those yet

I'm just outside Edinburgh so a bit far to just pop by for coffee and chat but any time you are through this direction feel free to pop in and meet some of my spidey's.

Elaine x

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum Andy

My Collection:

Comment

hey welcome Andy!
          i was in Glasgow for a bit of holiday a few months back. absolutely loved it!
          hope to get back up that way eventually.
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
            any time you are through this direction feel free to pop in and meet some of my spidey's.
            Elaine x
            Is that offer open to anyone Elaine?

I mean...... the chance to travel to my ancesters homeland, drink coffee AND browse a collection of spiders !!!!

I wouldn't pass that up !!

Comment

same here! on all counts haha!
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Welcome to the forums, nice to have you aboard
                Oli

Comment

Hi Andy...welcome in!

I hope your little spidey settles well...nice to *meet* ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    Is that offer open to anyone Elaine?

I mean...... the chance to travel to my ancesters homeland, drink coffee AND browse a collection of spiders !!!!

I wouldn't pass that up !!
                    Of course it is Colin. Just dont trip over the rottweiler on your way in and remember to stick earplugs in, you will find them next to the front door

Elaine x

Comment

I'll bring the springer spaniel, that'll occupy the rotty for hours.

Earplugs.....with reference to the teenagers i take it....don't worry i'm deaf already, got four teenagers here.

Strong, white and sweet then...in a mug!!!

Comment

Oooooh I like springers You can bring the dog so long as its male. My rottie is same sex aggressive. She is getting old and lazy though so not much fun for yours to play with but my Northern inuit will play for hours

Earplugs are because of the parrots. 6 of them all shouting for your attention can get a bit loud lol.

Plenty of coffee in this house and the kettle is permanently on.

Elaine x

Comment

Sorted then, Deefers definitely a blokey (hence Deefer......"D for" Dog..get it?)

Comment

Working...
                          X