No announcement yet.

Still really want one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had intended to get a curly hair too, maybe once I've finished rehousing my CWD and Christmas is out of the way. My little Rosea is great to watch, she's a workhorse and tonight I even saw her dancing and waving her leg, weird!
    I'm sure you'll find both very entertaining and you'll readily find info and help on them.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

that is a very good point, Louise...the urticating hairs are truly horrible. i have broken out in itchy bumps after merely being walked on by one of my new world T's. my G rosea's have never been a problem, but my G pulchra and B albopilosum are horrible for making me itch! even the A. chalcodes has done that to me on occasion.
      the good thing about old world T's (as well as the Psalmopeous genus of new world T's, ie the Trinidad chevron and Venezuelan suntiger) is that they don't have these hairs.
      the bad thing is that they're all too short tempered to consider handle-able.
      but if you're content leaving well enough alone, but aren't keen on horrible itchy breakouts simply from touching the tanks, you may want to consider one of the slower old world T's, if there are any!
      that being said...if you're content to leave well-enough alone, and wear gloves while dealing with the new world T's tanks (i pluralise because you won't be able to stop at one), you should be able to avoid the horrible itchy doom!
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I wish you well

Hello Kirsty
        I too am a newbie to T,s but adore them now have 5 not quite adults all different in species and behavior,i also have 2 youngsters and have been tempted to have a couple of tiny slings, (needed my specs to see them lol) but they are wonderful it is great watching them feed and grow.There is so much help in here you will be fine . I did keep 2 Red Knees many years ago and so had some experience. I also use the Exo Terra 30x30x30s with heat mats and stats etc. They are great to look at and my Ts seem to be really happy in them, and they are really secure too. Good Luck and i hope you get sorted soon. But don,t thinkyou will settle for one, they are like a bug you just can,t stop.lol.
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

If you look after your crickets they should live a while. I keep them in the tub I bought them in and feed them tropical fish food and raw carrot. In the summer they will live a good month or so. They are not so good in the winter though. Spiderlings are cheap and fun to grow. Pick a Curly Hair or B.Vagans as they are cheap, easy and grow fast and most dealers stock them. Then you can progress with the more slow growers or livelier varieties. The slings themselves don't need posh tanks. My Vagans juvenilles are called Pavlova and Sorbet after the ice cream tubs they live in, my H.Gigas are called Yellow Toffee Penny and Green Praline Triangle so no prizes for guessing what they live in! The main thing you need to get is a heat mat and some decent substrate.

Comment

Working...
          X