Glasgow Andy asks a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow Andy asks a question

I have been reading through the various posts and came across more information. So here goes. My T. is in a viv with a heat mat at the rear of the viv. The heat mat is on the base of the viv outside the viv. My T has made itself a burrow and is sitting tight in it. My T. is above the mat. After getting replies to previous questions I assume that my T. is doin ok. If a T. is too warm will it move itself out of the situation and seek a cooler part of the viv. I read on posts that one person had a temp and humidity guage. Are these essential?
    I guess thats all I am asking for now.
    Look forward to reading the replies. Once again thanks for the suggestions and other members experience.

If its got a warm area and a cool area to choose from then thats fine, you could add another hide in the cool area as an extra.
    guages are good if you're a little unsure, when you get more experienced and have compared what you see and feel with what the guages say, you'll be able to determin if the environment is ok without them.
    i think i've only got temp guages in two display tanks, these are ambiently heated by bulb so the temp is around 10 degrees higher than the room which is fine.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Colin another question

Colin thanks for your reply.
      When I got home I had a look in the viv and noticed that there was a blue coloured mould growing on the cork bark which I have. Is this bad?
      If so what should i do?
      I must say I visited The Queens Park in Glasgow and it has a big green house, it also has an exotic animal section which has lizards and stuff, birds and Tarantulas! they had a really good Mex Red Knee, the worker guy was really helpful, he gave me three books to have a look at! So i am in the process of looking through them. i do realise that I must be asking some basic questions here, but I aint sure as yet in what to do at times! So thanks you guys once again.
      i also checked out youtube and saw some really cool Tarantulas, ones molting, and other behaviours which I have found helpful to see. They also fed spiders live pray (mice) which I found to be cruel. I am totally aware that this happens in the wild but what do people here think of this. I think I read that it is against the law. Is that correct? I also saw a King Baboon on youtube, really beautiful Tarantula. Almost like a sort of brown velvet. Anyways, al tune in later and hopefully see some replies and feedback.

Comment

I'd take the cork bark out and give it a wash and scrub under boiling water then (if it's small enough) microwave it for about 20 - 30 seconds to kill any other spores off, if it won't fit in the microwave then 20 mins on a medium oven should be enough.

answering questions and sharing opinions, information and experience is what this forums all about, keep the questions coming.

there's a few threads on this forum that have discussed, in reasonable depth, the scenario of live feeding, a lot of people had their say and put forward their views.
        do a search through the forum and have a read.
        actually it may probably benefit you to have a search through and read some of the older threads, they may answer some questions you have. i still search through occasionally and keep finding little points of interest and facts i wasn't aware of.

Colin
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Working...
        X