Giant Hissing Cockroach Ootheca?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Hissing Cockroach Ootheca?

Hey guys, woke up this morning, checked the critters and one of my female hissers has a long tube (looks like a huge straw colloured worm) coming out of her! I have succesfully bred these before but have never seen the birthing process.
    After a little research I found that they do not give birth to 'live young' as is usually stated, but rather, they lay the ootheca right as the nymphs are starting to hatch. So does anyone have any knowledge of whether this is an ootheca or not?
    Thanks a lot guys!
    Oli

all that sounds amazing

can you take pics to post for us to see please.
    'A Woman's Prayer:
    Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Pluck View Post
      all that sounds amazing

can you take pics to post for us to see please.
      Been trying believe me!
      Tried to take pics with my webcam on laptop (not compatible with the main PC) and all i get is bluescreen so cant even turn it on!
      And I just took some pics with my digicam but i cant upload it because I deleted the software.
      GRRRR
      Oli

Comment

I know my dubia's carry the cocoon around poking out of them, then they reabsorb it and then give birth to live babies about 30 days after they do this. Wonder if its the same, except that they lay it then they hatch soon after?

Comment

hmmm, interesting. I have no idea, last time they reproduced i was asleep so didnt know anything of it until the next day when i had little woodlouse like creatures (nymphs) running about everywhere lol
          Oli

Comment

Working...
          X