No need to be insulting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No need to be insulting

I would just like to point out to prospective new forum members.
    That registration on completing the sign up form can take as long as it takes me to get to a computer. Which as we all know can be within seconds or a few hours or god forbid I am asleep a whole night.

Of course reading and fully complying to the rules does speed things up greatly. They are easily found and read and understood.

However I have just received 2 rather insulting emails from someone who could not wait 50 mins and did not even give me chance to contact them.

Such emails are not warranted nor needed, and I will forward such emails to other forums who if they choose will add them to there banned user list.

It is a sad fact that the human race has lost its ability for civil conduct and politeness in this faceless interconnected world wide web.

Now I have replied to this person as politely as a can, given the circumstances and have even offered to help them with any tarantula related questions.

Can I please ask that time be giving and a bit of patience when registering be used. I will get to you as fast as I can, please don't be rude or insulting.

Such emails will result in a instant lock out from the the BTS forum.

Regards
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 08-01-08, 07:44 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

sorry to hear this mate. Point me out I will beat them up. LOL

people have got to learn to be nice if they want nice in return.

cheers
    "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
    Jeremy Bentham

Comment

Ridiculous............
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Well...for every negative thing that happens, there has to be a positive to balance it out, so: *hugs*....there...that's my bit for the positive side!

Comment

Heheeee...

There are some funny folk about....

It wasnt me that emailed you was it Mark.... lol

Can't you set add a few words of warning in your welcome email from vbull....?

My "T" Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Coe View Post
            Heheeee...

There are some funny folk about....

It wasnt me that emailed you was it Mark.... lol

Can't you set add a few words of warning in your welcome email from vbull....?
            Thanks everyone!
            Steve did not get the chance to send out the - regarding your account email

Which explains it all...

I was pretty put out. I get a few emails from people no and again upset about something or other, and 99% of the time I can explain and most understand and all is fine. This person never even gave me the chance and I think this is what annoyed me the most.

As people will tell I am always willing to help out and if possible will go that extra yard (metre to the younger folk) just need to be given chance too.

Anyway back to work and the new BTS forum skin and web site...

Happy new year everyone, thanks for the hug Louise!

Regards
            Mark

Comment

If I had a quid for everytime someone insulted me or the BTS I would probably by a round of drinks.........on seconds thoughts strike that. I would move to Malaysia and live in a big mansion.

Chin up mate. I know a man who can sort it out for us...............

Rayzor
              British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
              The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
              On
              [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

You're welcome, Mark...and Happy New Year...or should that be Happy Easter...I'm sure the shops will be putting the Easter eggs out next week, lol.
                I'm either too laid back, too used to internet goings on, or I don't get insulted enough...but when it comes to people being rude online I usually laugh to myself and remember that the person who is either being aggressive/rude or inappropriate towards me, probably wouldn't even have the ba... *coughs*...spine to approach me and say the same things to my face in public, offline.

Comment

true, Louise...
                  Mark, that's really lame of someone to be insulting. i mean, you're offering your time to this and doing a great job.
                  i really have no idea why people waste their time being nasty and impatient.
                  i mean, seriously...the alternative is no BTS forum, or even no BTS at all! would that make them happy?

well, for my part i am VERY appreciative of all the hard work that you Mark put into this site, and what the heads of the BTS put into organising events and putting together a truly amazing journal.
                  well that's my bit of positive to outweigh the negative, i hope!
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

Originally posted by Louise~Nichols View Post
                    You're welcome, Mark...and Happy New Year...or should that be Happy Easter...I'm sure the shops will be putting the Easter eggs out next week, lol.
                    I'm either too laid back, too used to internet goings on, or I don't get insulted enough...but when it comes to people being rude online I usually laugh to myself and remember that the person who is either being aggressive/rude or inappropriate towards me, probably wouldn't even have the ba... *coughs*...spine to approach me and say the same things to my face in public, offline.
                    I agree with you there, but then I am 6 ft 2in and weight 16 stone...
                    Happy Easter

Mark

Comment

Hehehe...I'm 8 inches shorter, and 7.5 stone...but I think it's my *gothness* that probably keeps folks at bay!

Other than that...I'm just eccentric...LOL

Comment

Absolutely no need for stuff like this. Mindless..

My Collection:

Comment

Couldn't have been me, I only send you spam

It's sad that people are so inpatient on the net when you consider how long it would take to get information, open accounts, send letters, create, share etc before the net. I guess we tend to forget not everything is a 24/7 service but its how we respond that judges us.

Perhaps an explanation in the registration might help. Something along the lines of "Registration is activated by the administrator and may take 48hrs although often much less. Please be patient whilst we activate your registration."
                          You may already have something similar.

Your account with vB gives you access to the vB board where many plug-ins are offered. You might find it handy installing the Queries box, and provide access to post in only that box by non registered members. If the box was only visible to admins and moderators it would be easy to sort the spam from the genuine queries whilst invisible to everyone else.
                          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
                            Couldn't have been me, I only send you spam

It's sad that people are so inpatient on the net when you consider how long it would take to get information, open accounts, send letters, create, share etc before the net. I guess we tend to forget not everything is a 24/7 service but its how we respond that judges us.

Perhaps an explanation in the registration might help. Something along the lines of "Registration is activated by the administrator and may take 48hrs although often much less. Please be patient whilst we activate your registration."
                            You may already have something similar.

Your account with vB gives you access to the vB board where many plug-ins are offered. You might find it handy installing the Queries box, and provide access to post in only that box by non registered members. If the box was only visible to admins and moderators it would be easy to sort the spam from the genuine queries whilst invisible to everyone else.
                            Peter
                            Excellent thoughts and I'll look into that, however as this person did not even read the rules or notice the headers notes, I guess they would have missed this queries box.

It is disappointing to me that such comments where made which reflected on all that post and contribute here. I can only guess that they where so eager to join, the did not see past all the notices or read the registration form and agreement.

As it is all repeated during this. I guess they where embarrassed that they did and then, found the thread on accessing the site and felt bad they did not see it all. Decided to just blow of steam with an offensive email rather than just wait and re register with a real name.

Thanks
                            Mark

Comment

I don't really understand why people get so wound up over a couple of days registration. Its not as if its a life or death matter. They ought to try waiting a bit longer if they think being rude gets them what they want (hint, hint).
                              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X