Arachnomaniacs anonymous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arachnomaniacs anonymous

I'm getting the distinct feeling that I must experience every tarantula genus first hand - I think it will be Cyriopagopus next! I have also been custom making glass tanks for my Poecilotheria slings which are growing up fast - I have found a way of moving them that is stress free!! (- might save that for a journal article).

Anyway, spiders are taking up more and more of my waking (and working) life and it feels good!

Working at a museum helps. I hope to be able to design a spider exhibition for 'insect week' in 2008 - a tenuous link I know but until someone invents 'Spider week' its the best chance I've got of getting it approved.
    Last edited by Mark Pajak; 09-01-08, 01:19 PM.
    See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

hey good luck with that exhibition!
    i'd love a job in a museum...must be grand!

i completely understand what you mean, i get the bug for certain genera on occasion as well
    Cyriopagopus is a great genus, though my experience is VERY limited with them. so far i've managed to keep one C schoedti sling alive, but in the process lost another sling of this species AND an adult C sp "Singapore Blue". though i suspect in the latter's case it was already near the end of its run. will get loads of slings next time i feel brave enough to try the genus. might be when/if my current sling reaches sub-adult.

do let us know which ones you get
    Last edited by James Box; 09-01-08, 01:22 PM.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hey Mark

first it's every genus....then it will be available type species.......then it'll move onto all the pet trade species

Where you going to stop mate?
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
        Hey Mark

first it's every genus....then it will be available type species.......then it'll move onto all the pet trade species

Where you going to stop mate?
        speaking for myself: the grave, and even then i'm not sure
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
        X