Arrived safe and sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrived safe and sound!

Just thought I would let you all know that out first little T has arrived safely. She arrived in the post to my work address yesterday. After initial disdain, my colleagues became increasingly curious and I even introduced her to one or two (although she was being a bit coy and only giving a glimpse of her rump and a few legs from inside her tissue paper lined pot). After a bit of encouragement she moved out of the pot and into her new home - and promptly made a bid for freedom up the side of the tank!

She seems to be settling in well and has adopted a spot near the heat pad (very cold house) between the water dish and a piece of cork bark. I am now away for the weekend and I am hoping that she will take advantage of the peace and quiet to expolre her new habitat and set up a retreat.

I will let you know when we get back, what she has been up to, and hopefully get some pictures - any tarantula photography tips?!

oh, and she is called Ruby, as chosen by one of my husband's 6th form members.

More soon......

Ruby's a nice name!
    glad she's safe and sound
    i'm sure she'll settle in nicely with the peace and quiet!

all my poor little ones have to put up with 3 stompy guys in a house with an old floor that does nothing to muffle noise
    they get used to it, though, eventually haha
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Congrats!

As for camera tips having a digicam with macro mode will definately be a boon, and you will find using the flash at close range can make the T look a bit odd, so better off with more ambient light if you can than using the flash.

Then photoshop the hell outta them..
      All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

yes, my husband is in the habit of stomping! and we too have old floors, wooden in fact with, very springy but with no nice cushioney carpet! Still it will be nice and quiet during the day when we are both out at work.

Comment

Excellent. We have digital with good resolution so that is not a prob, will try setting up some alternative lighting and dispensing with the flash, hopefully i'll be able to 'show' you how I get on soon!

Comment

Congratulations!
            Hope you have more luck getting pics than i did!,now that lois has started to come out her hide more,im sure i will succeed soon! Enjoy Ruby!

Comment

I use a fuji finepics. The problem with digital is fixed lens unless you use a SLR digital ( which Angela does.....grrrr!). I get over it by using an extension tube ( about £9.99 Jessops and then I use a X2 doubler. By adding X4 you can get some good shots and you dont have to get too near the spider. (Yes I know thats not a spider. But you get the idea.LOL)
              Attached Files
              British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
              The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
              On
              [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
              X