Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shows

Hi Guys & Gals
    Does anyone know of any shows within the UK this year, apart from the BTS in May. Any help greatfully received.
    Thanks a lot
    Roy.
    My Other Critters Are.

"Tarantulas of coarse."

I'm keen to go to a show, exhibition, meet too. A trip to the local exotic pet shop is wonderful but specific arachnid shows are very appealing. So far the closest I know is a little too far within my timeframe so I'm hoping something within the London region reveals itself.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Kettering in April (not sure of the date) is usually a reasonable one to go to, and as someone said on here before "it sets the scene nicely for the BTS the month after"
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

There's some doubt wether it will go ahead Colin, a few of us were talking about it on AP last night, we will have to wait for Lee to come home to find out lol
        spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Kettering isn't mentioned on the AES website...bit worrying! they say they're not planning any events in the North this year, so that would scupper Newark as well something ridiculous about not being financially viable
          i really hope i'm wrong...
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Be nice if it did go ahead....

I used it as a social venture more than anything, and there are normally some very good tables and traders.

If it fails to plan then there's more to spend at the "show of all shows"
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Righty guys!
              I emailed the AES...and a lovely gent by the name of Dr Kieren Pitts, (AES Webmaster and Youth Secretary), has swiftly replied.

He says that the AES have no involvement with the organisation of the Kettering or Newark events...and they have not yet been forwarded any dates for either of those venues, so he's unable to say whether it will go ahead...but, if it does, then we are to refer to this link here...

Listings of events relevant to entomologists and/or people interested in natural history in general.

and that is where the dates and venue will be listed!

Hope that's useful for everybody.

Comment

The AES show at Kempton Racecourse is October 18th. 11am - 4pm I think.

Comment

Hi

Not in the U.K. but you will find most of the main shows that happen in Europe listed on this site.

Some might be worth a look if anyone can be botherd to cross that channel sometime in the year.

Cheers
                  Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SylviRigden View Post
                    The AES show at Kempton Racecourse is October 18th. 11am - 4pm I think.
                    Yup Sylvi, that sounds about right....Dr Kieren Pitts mentioned it in my email, it's the York show that is not going ahead.

Chris...cheers for that link! Woooo...look at all those shows...we're getting left behind; whilst I could squeeze time to hop around for shows in the UK....Europe-crashing is an entirely different matter...unless I'm on holiday...like once every 10 years....LOL

Comment

Jack Harris organises the Kettering show, at the Kettering sports center/village something like that, so maybe if you look up Kettering sports on the tinterweb then they might be able to say if it is on..............i havent been to Kettering for years, always overseas when it is on

Paul Hlot organises the Newark shows, try going through old posts around the beginning of Dec to see if his number is on there somewhere.

I thought there was going to be an invert show down the west country in Feb?Mar? rember getting a flyer for it, but it is to far away for me liking.

Ray

Comment

That was the one in Somerset? I saw that advertised as well, but I had it on my computer so it must have been advertised on line somewhere.

Edit - found it...... took abit of searching -

Saturday 23rd February 2008
                        Bug Fest South West
                        Holy Trinity Church & Community Centre,
                        Lysander Road,
                        Yeovil
                        Somerset
                        Traders and public welcome
                        Further information: BugfestSW@aol.com
                        Last edited by SylviRigden; 27-01-08, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SylviRigden View Post
                          That was the one in Somerset? I saw that advertised as well, but I had it on my computer so it must have been advertised on line somewhere.

Edit - found it...... took abit of searching -

Saturday 23rd February 2008
                          Bug Fest South West
                          Holy Trinity Church & Community Centre,
                          Lysander Road,
                          Yeovil
                          Somerset
                          Traders and public welcome
                          Further information: BugfestSW@aol.com
                          Well i know where i will be on the 23rd Feb

BTS lectures

Ray

Comment

Bugfest is a new show and we hope as many of you will support it as possible. Its on the same day as the BTS Lectures unfortunatly so many of us wont be able to attend.

If you can get down you should try.

Any event derseves our support.

Ray Hale
                            BTS
                            British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                            The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                            On
                            [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
                              Bugfest is a new show and we hope as many of you will support it as possible. Its on the same day as the BTS Lectures unfortunatly so many of us wont be able to attend.

If you can get down you should try.

Any event derseves our support.

Ray Hale
                              BTS
                              I fully concur!... if your not at the lectures that day then you should try and get down to the show.

Here is one for the diary;

7th Annual BTS Lectures and Dinner 2009
                              February 28th 2009

Guest lecturers: Soren Rafn plus others to be confirmed.
                              Last edited by Mark Pennell; 27-01-08, 04:52 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
                              Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                              Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                              X