Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watering dish for a Chile Rose Spiderling

Hey People,
    Before I get my chile rose - there is just one thing I need I need to ask about - what should I use as a waterdish for my Chile Rose - I just don't want to give it something that it'll be able to drown in.
    Thanks,
    Rich
    Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
    Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no need to worry about drowning with an adult tarantula.
    what i'm tending to use for just about everything now is a bottle cap or the lid of a jar. much cheaper than the pet shop alternatives!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

James, I think it might be a spiderling

Richard (I'll just c&p this from another thread) something I do with my tiny slings that are too small for waterdishes, is I fold up a little wad of tissue, smaller than 1cm square, and dip it in some water so it soaks it up. Then just stick that in the container with the sling. I find they can drink from that really easily. After a day I take it out, and I do this about once a week or once every two weeks. I just prefer doing it this way because if I just make the substrate wet I never know if it drains away too quickly for them to get a good drink from it.

A lot of people just spray the side of the enclosure or drip a few drops of water on there, and that probably works fine, but like I say I prefer this way because I actually see them drink usually.

Comment

Originally posted by James Box View Post
        no need to worry about drowning with an adult tarantula.
        what i'm tending to use for just about everything now is a bottle cap or the lid of a jar. much cheaper than the pet shop alternatives!
        Hey James
        Kl - but as Kate Arbonn said, I mean spiderlings - I'm sorry I didn't specify that in the actual OP.
        Thanks a lot mate though, I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Rich

Originally posted by Kate Arbon View Post
        James, I think it might be a spiderling

Richard (I'll just c&p this from another thread) something I do with my tiny slings that are too small for waterdishes, is I fold up a little wad of tissue, smaller than 1cm square, and dip it in some water so it soaks it up. Then just stick that in the container with the sling. I find they can drink from that really easily. After a day I take it out, and I do this about once a week or once every two weeks. I just prefer doing it this way because if I just make the substrate wet I never know if it drains away too quickly for them to get a good drink from it.

A lot of people just spray the side of the enclosure or drip a few drops of water on there, and that probably works fine, but like I say I prefer this way because I actually see them drink usually.
        Hey Kate
        thanks a lot for this reference - I sure hope that works! It sounds a bit strange to me, cuz I'd have thought that the tissue would be devoured, but def. worth trying!
        thanks a lot,
        Rich!
        Last edited by Richard Shah; 29-01-08, 06:47 PM.
        Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
        Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X