Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow Andrew wonders?

Hey guys,
    I was in the local pet shop today, they have a Chile Rose, its been there a wee while now, a month or two.
    Well I had a look at it and it made a silk mat that was suspended from the sides of the viv. It looked amazing, what a piece of work. I assumed it was a 'molt mat' structure. I left the shop and came back, it looked like it had laid a load of eggs! Well thats what I think was happening, they were in a yellowey fluid.
    What was this all about, it has not had male company since it was in the shop, I am just puzzled as I aint seen anything like this as yet.

could have been mated before the pet shop got hold of it chances are its wild caught
    not sure on the length of pregnancy on chilies but lots of external factors like temp etc can effect them

but one of our more clued up breeders could be more helpful as ive never ventured into breeding yet

Clint
    Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

just a thought
      if you buy it you will get a few hundred for the price of one
      better than tescos buy one get one free
      Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
      -------------------------------------------------------
      Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

Good One Clinton

Hey that was not bad Clinton, gave me a laugh.

Comment

I've heard rosea can lay anywhere from 100-300 eggs at a time. Pretty low number compared to species like parahybana who can lay over 1000 at a time.

If she laid in the pet store, she is WC, and had herself some fun (and possibly a meal) before getting caught.

Comment

Working...
          X