Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasgow Andrew Has A Question

Thanks for the replies to my last post.
    At present I have a few slings, this is the first time I have had slings, they are small, say about 1 cm body length. one of the slings is plump which I can only regard as being a good sign.
    I feed them tiny crickets, they live in small cylinderical (spelling) tubs of just over an inch diametre.
    Is it ok to leave the crickets in the tubs till they are eaten, or should food be removed in case of molt.
    At first when I fed them the food was ignored, it was ignored for a day or two. I left the food in with the slings.
    On inspection I noticed that the food was taken, by the plumpish one anyway. When i say plump, i have to say it is still small but it is bigger than the others.
    And do hungry slings attack tiny crickets like say a hungry adult would when hungry and needing fed.
    Am I right in saying the slings should be fed, say, twice a week with two tiny crickets.
    At first my heat mat was below the tubs but now I placed it at the side as was suggested on earlier replies.
    I look forward to hearing you guy's shared experiences.

I have a B.smithi sling about 1cm and I give it live pinhead crickets, the smallest I can get hold of. As I'm not sure when it moulted last as I've only had it just under a month I feed it three times a week during the afternoon and if its not eaten by evening I take the cricket out. Its only the last two feeds that its actually eaten anything. My daughter has one the same size as mine and hers ate and then moulted two days after so I think its best to take the live food out. I'm new to keeping spiders but thought I'd let you know what I do and mine so far is doing great. I also give the side of his container a very light misting of water so that he had some moisture for drinking and to help him if he goes into a moult but that is ok so I've been told for B.smithi, I'm not sure about other sorts of slings.
    Proud owner of 48 Tarantulas and other pets.

Comment

Working...
    X