Ferrero Rocher enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrero Rocher enclosure

Someone recently mentioned using a Ferrero Rocher tub to create an enclosure for a T. So, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to put one together.

I've used gaffa tape to secure the lid as selotape just went crispy on previous tubs but I'd be pleased to find an alternative way of securing it. The tape is on the bottom for the length of the width before it curves allowing the whole top to be hinged. The tape is also across the top hinge allowing access for food and cut the length of the curved sides. The lid was sawn through using a hacksaw. Ventilation was created using a thick sewing needle which was heated over a gas burner and held with a pair of pliers which turned out to be unnecessary as the end of the needle didnt get that hot.
    The size of the tub is 14.5H x 7.5W x 6.5D cm
    Now, who's buying chocs for Valentines Day?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Peter Lacey; 12-02-08, 12:52 AM. Reason: adding dimensions (suffering dimentia :D )
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Hi, it was me that mentioned it. The setup looks great
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

I like that, looks good, looks easy for maintenance.
      Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

but who had all the choccies ????

Clint
        Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
        -------------------------------------------------------
        Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

Damn! Now to buy a box of that and ask my tech teacher if I can borrow a hacksaw!
          Rich
          Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
          Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

mmmmm chocolates for me...

...I mean a new tank! a new tank for me!

*phew* good save.

Peter, that looks good!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I decided to try another chocy box for my new addition, this time a terrestrial approach. Very simple, holes created with a hot darning needle, small amount of gaffa tape on the corners as hinge and lock.
              I may hacksaw this again because the C. cyaneopubescens is already webbing up so lifting the whole lid is going to affect the webbing she's attached to the lid.
              One word of warning that I should have included is melting the plastic with the needle causes fumes which I dare say aren't good to inhale so please consider doing this in a well ventilated area.
              Quite a neat, cheap way of creating an enclosure and highly visible.
              Attached Files
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
                I decided to try another chocy box for my new addition, this time a terrestrial approach. Very simple, holes created with a hot darning needle, small amount of gaffa tape on the corners as hinge and lock.
                I may hacksaw this again because the C. cyaneopubescens is already webbing up so lifting the whole lid is going to affect the webbing she's attached to the lid.
                One word of warning that I should have included is melting the plastic with the needle causes fumes which I dare say aren't good to inhale so please consider doing this in a well ventilated area.
                Quite a neat, cheap way of creating an enclosure and highly visible.
                There are too many things in there for me to look at it properly!!! Lol - probaby just me. What exactly did you put in there for the burrow/hide ? All I can see are twigs and a milk cap and a few stones. I do like the way the substrate slopes down and I see you used something to creat the top for the hide but what it is??
                Cheers,
                Rich
                Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
                Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice one Peter!! That's looking really lovely, and I'm glad she's doing well...hehehe, she's certainly the mistress of webbing.

Comment

Working...
                  X