markings/sores on B.Smithi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markings/sores on B.Smithi?

My girlfriend says that our B.Smithi has two oval shaped markings on the underside of his abdomen (I can't see at the moment as he's not in a position to view them). Apparently they are grey in colour and look as if htey could be a part of his normal coat but grey instead, or how something might look if he'd rubbed those sides too much.

Is this something to be concerned about?

My immediate thoughts are that maybe they could be from where he has kicked hairs, or maybe he is getting ready to moult (as he has eaten a lot lately and isnt quite fully grown). Could this be a moult? We havent seen one yet as we've had him about 3 months.

I haven't noticed anything before so they must be recent, and the only thing he's done recently is eat big crickets.
    There isn't anything in the tank that would be causing him problems that I can see. It's just substrate (Terrarium hummus) and his water dish. Well there are two plastic plants from the ceiling but he doesnt do anything with those except occasionally tap them.

Matt, nothing to worry about...those *grey markings* on the underside are probably his/her booklungs.

Comment

I was worried when I saw them on Garrett.

Thankyou Louise
      Last edited by Tara Newman; 12-02-08, 06:07 PM. Reason: Can't even spell my own spider's name :(

Comment

Thankyou, we thought as much after we looked up some spider anatomy. Think it's jsut that we hadnt noticed them before

For the record, he's a very naughty spider.

Comment

You're welcome, both of you! Ahhh, so now you see, spideys like to keep little secrets from unsuspecting owners, lol. Have you found his wings yet??...oh, no...that's bumblebees. hehehe

Comment

Working...
          X