To Essex meet Sun March 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Essex meet Sun March 30th

I can't find any hobbyists within the Essex area that concentrate on Ts and much as I'd love to travel up North and get involved in the lectures or meetings I just can't see me having the time, considering most of the time the band steal the weekends.
    In March I have the opportunity of putting something together on a Sunday - a visit to 2 exotic shops, perhaps lunch in the nearby pub (beer garden) and perhaps I could offer coffees at my house. If there's interest I could get the shops involved and considering HAMM is in March perhaps line-up some sought after species. All pretty informal stuff but the chance to have a get-together and meet in RL rather than a forum. Would anyone be interested? please let me know. The most favourable dates for me would be 9, 16 or 30 March.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
    I can't find any hobbyists within the Essex area that concentrate on Ts and much as I'd love to travel up North and get involved in the lectures or meetings I just can't see me having the time, considering most of the time the band steal the weekends.
    In March I have the opportunity of putting something together on a Sunday - a visit to 2 exotic shops, perhaps lunch in the nearby pub (beer garden) and perhaps I could offer coffees at my house. If there's interest I could get the shops involved and considering HAMM is in March perhaps line-up some sought after species. All pretty informal stuff but the chance to have a get-together and meet in RL rather than a forum. Would anyone be interested? please let me know. The most favourable dates for me would be 9, 16 or 30 March.
    I would love to Peter, except, I would have nowhere to stay AND im away in north Eygpt during those dates on an arachnid field trip lol
    Oli

Comment

Hey Peter,
      a trip out to Essex to hang out with spider people sounds like a cool plan. i should be able to make it. those weekends i think aren't booked for anything yet!
      i understand about weekends being taken up by bands, we used to practice Saturdays and it was a killer! now we tend to practice on a weeknight, and it's freed up more time then i'd have expected.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

We rehearse on Tuesday evenings and gig on Fridays/Saturdays but we're often getting ready from 4pm and sometimes don't return til 2am.

Both Cold Blooded (Rainham) and Jungle Phase (Hornchurch) have a healthy amount of Ts at mo, plenty I've never heard of and quite a few tiny slings (smithi etc). Again if there's anything in particular I could ask in advance to see if either shop could secure some. I could ask contact Martin Goss (walking distance from me) to see if he's interested.

Comment

that's a lot of gigging! hopefully we'll start playing shows more in the future, just working on an album though for now. gigs after!

as for location, probably either place is good.
          Martin's a cool guy, chatted a few times, and been very pleased with the crazy inverts i've bought from him!
          if you want to pick a Sunday, i'll try and find out if there's any reason i can't do one and let you know ASAP. but as far as i know off the top of my head, any would be good.
          Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

If you do this for sure i would love to come
            Cannot think of anything better than chatting looking and having a spider day

Not that far from me really, and as long as the BN gang dont want me to do a meet here in march would be cool.
            Always welcome to them should you ever feel like joining us

Comment

Hi, I wouldn't mind going to a get-together, it's a bit of a drive, but so is the BTS show and Kempton from here. I get Sundays off work, and probably can see if Julie can come too. Maybe if any one has some T's surplus to requirements they could bring them along for sale or swaps. We could find a few I'm sure. I would like a browse around a few new shops, and so would Julie as she has geckos too.

Comment

Thats pretty much what we did here last year, We did a BBQ and had a great turn out everyone who had something to trade or whatever brought it along.
                I did my normal freebies and was a great day!
                We had other plans but didnt get to them

Comment

Well its easy for this to grow if there's good suggestions and activity. Bringing Ts along to sell, trade or gift is fine and according to numbers I could arrange something suitable. The Hornchurch shop is good for pythons, corn, milk and king snakes and his T collection is growing. The Rainham shop is a little zoo, caters for many different species of lizards (including a large selection of geckos), Snakes, Tortoise and Tarantula. This shop gets very busy and for good reason. The owner Paul is a great character, full of chat. He has a few prize possessions including a huge snapper turtle, very large albino pythons and those beautiful but extremely rare M&F Fiji Iguanas (worth a read: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...st/6904824.stm)

Comment

Shaz, i'd definitely love to come to a bug nation meet up

Peter, this is a great idea, i hope everything comes together! one of the great things about this hobby is meeting fellow "bug" people
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

keep me posted too, my parent's are in Chelmsford and I am just over the bridge/through the tunnel in Kent - I am planning a trip to the folks for March so if it falls on your chosen weekend I'll definatley pop in with the better half. (can't pop in without him - he is the designated driver lol!).

Comment

good thing you'll have a car, might get tempted to buy a spider or two
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

hi peter, depending what part of essex u r in, the club i am in, the invicta arachnid club is just down the road in kent. we meet last wednesday of every month in sittingbourne. you, along with anyone else on here is welcome to come along and find us. Our website is www.invicta-arachnid-club.org.uk it not very good at the moment as it not long been launched, if any one would like any extra information e-mail me on webmaster@invicta-arachnid-club.org.uk and i will send information leaflets etc
                          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

Tracy, have you arranged a date? If it falls on either 9, 16 or 30 March then we can make that the confirmed date. Basically its open to be arranged at the convenience of the majority. I believe HAMM falls on 15th so in preference it would be after that date and if we went for 30 March the weather might be a little warmer opening up more possibilities.

Comment

No firm date yet - they are being elusive....

Comment

Working...
                              X