ID anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID anyone know?

I was sent these as a pressie when they was tiny dots, I at first had 3 sent at different times.
    The person who kept them got them from a mate of hers for me and was sent to me labelled at B.albiceps, They was very small and i had no reason to think otherwise till last 2 moults and the fact they are very evil fast little spiders.
    They have now gained a red tinge to back end and clearly white markings on legs as you can sorta make out on pictures?
    I know they are not albiceps and im pretty sure they are not any brachypelma as i have had all the Sp i keep from very small.
    Im not having much luck in tracking an ID down for them.
    All i know about person they come from is they keep brachys and have a few white knees??? the fun of common names huh?
    All was brought from some of our 'Bigger' sellers and im thinking that somewhere names have got mixed up as i have others been sent as something and they have been something else.
    I pretty much found a ID on them easy as they grew.
    These are very very fast and jumpy when i open pot, one even attempted a bite on me the other day but lucky they have only maybe a inch body length they wasnt able to do any harm.
    They are growing at an alarming rate one is already about to moult again, they feed like they are starved and they DO flick hairs without being provoked, Something simple like moving the tub to feeding ledge you can see them stressing pretty bad.
    My first thought was they could be A.Geniculata but not keeping these from small before i couldnt be sure.
    The pictures are not great, i can take more but wont do it just yet as these are so not fond of being bothered i would rather leave them till i open them next for feeding.
    So can anyone shed any light on these? or am i going to need to wait?
    Thanks in advance

Hi
    I also bought some of these as "B.albiceps" awhile back, and mine have grown into those same spiders.
    I'm pretty sure they are Acanthoscurria juruenicola.

Comment

I have 1 B alticeps and 3 southern G mollicoma and they don't look like yours. But my 4 all look alike.

Comment

Where di you 2 get yours from?
        Best not post might be better to PM cos dont want to get anyone in trouble

Comment

I'm sorry my brains gone ( thats my age ) I have G alticeps not a Brachy.

Comment

Working...
          X