First moult in 9 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First moult in 9 months

Yes! After going three-quarters of a year with 7 spiders and no moults, and bumping my collection up to 20 since the new year, finally one of them does what it's supposed to do. My little Lasiodora parahybana sling which I hadn't seen in a month and was worried might be dead because all its tunnels had collapsed in on themselves. But two days ago I saw a newly-dug tunnel with an old skin dumped at the top and last night a cricket disappeared (pre-killed, didn't know how long it'd been since the moult) so yay!

I haven't even seen the thing yet except for a glimpse of one toe down its hole, so no hope for pics I'm afraid. I am just happy cos it's been so long since I'd had a moult, and I mean us spider keepers don't exactly get a lot of excitement from our hobby, lol. I tried to share my joy with my housemates but they didn't seem to impressed so I had to come here instead

Now if only the other 11 slings would decide to follow suit..

wow that's a long time to wait! glad your L parahybana was alive and well and apparently growing. i'm sure the rest will all start to moult soon as well
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
    X