Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avic ID advice please

Hi,
    I bought an unspecified avic and believe she may be avicularia aurantiaca. Is there any where I can send a moult to have her confirmed?
    Thanks

Looks like part of the Avicularia "urticans" complex.................A. "ulrichea" ????????

Ray

Comment

Thankyou for your reply.
      Someone from Germany has suggested she may be a.aurantiaca. I have an adult female a.urticans and although their is a similarity the aurantiaca? does not have the same colouration on the abdomen and has far more hair and banding on the legs. She has a lovely bronze sheen on the carapice. I have 2 a.ulrichea slings so will watch them grow to compare.
      I do not intend to breed her. She is just a pleasure and has a real 'character', I dont really mind what she is.

Comment

Originally posted by jackie price View Post
        Thankyou for your reply.
        Someone from Germany has suggested she may be a.aurantiaca. I have an adult female a.urticans and although their is a similarity the aurantiaca? does not have the same colouration on the abdomen and has far more hair and banding on the legs. She has a lovely bronze sheen on the carapice. I have 2 a.ulrichea slings so will watch them grow to compare.
        I do not intend to breed her. She is just a pleasure and has a real 'character', I dont really mind what she is.
        I doupt its A. aurantiaca..................then again untill the types are examined we dont know what Bauer described as A. aurantiaca.................???

As for the A. ulrichea.................there has not been any of these going around for years, and again untill the types are examined etc, I find it rather interesting that when people have been asking for this species and cannot find any after a while they suddenly appear........strange that???

Not saying yours are not though

Ray

Comment

I got the a.ulrichea slings from a well known supplier in Germany.

Comment

Working...
          X