Chilobrachys species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilobrachys species

Hi everyone, whilst searching through the BTS Gallery to try to 'identify' or at least narrow down the species of one of my spiders, I noticed that Chilobrachys dyscolus and C. huahini are one and the same picture. Is this just a mistake with the labelling and if so, can anybody post a pic of either or both species. Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Originally posted by Steve McIntyre View Post
    Hi everyone, whilst searching through the BTS Gallery to try to 'identify' or at least narrow down the species of one of my spiders, I noticed that Chilobrachys dyscolus and C. huahini are one and the same picture. Is this just a mistake with the labelling and if so, can anybody post a pic of either or both species. Thanks.
    What we've called "huahini" in the hobby may not be the same as what was actually described as such. The lighter colored spiders we've called "huahini" are likely another already described spider, but not C. dyscolus. (or maybe they are? others would need to comment here... does C. andersoni come into play?).

The spider actually described as C. huahini may have already been described 100 years previously. So, to me, those 2 pictures are just Volker's way of saying they're the same thing. I think he was having a little fun.

Those who post here with more intimate knowledge of this group can feel free to lash me for whatever is wrong with my above statements.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Reynolds; 27-02-08, 01:14 PM.
    MY FLICKR

Comment

There's some interesting info from Søren Rafn on a recent t-store thread here Steve

My Collection:

Comment

Cheers Eric and Phil. Mine's def not a discolus but the info from Soren is very useful. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X