A good DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A good DVD?

I was wondering if anybody could help me out in pointing me in the right direction of a good DVD featuring the Brachypelma's and Aponopelma's (mainly).
    I would like to study them more in the wild but finding it difficult finding any good DVD's on them ... and the other half is not willing to ship me off to America to find out for myself ... shame

So, any idea's anyone?

Thanks!
    BTS Member and proud!!

Try Andrew Smith's new DVD. Its a bit short but is all about Brachypelma sp. and is well worth the money. Mark Pennell can get you a copy, try e-mail/posting him.
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Another recommendation for Andrew Smith's new DVD. Some very interesting information (particularly regarding B. baumgarteni), excellent in the wild pics, temps/data, and some background history on famous arachnologists.

All excellent stuff

My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
        Another recommendation for Andrew Smith's new DVD. Some very interesting information (particularly regarding B. baumgarteni), excellent in the wild pics, temps/data, and some background history on famous arachnologists.

All excellent stuff

Hi
        Just to point out I have been on the phone to Andrew and we are working on a viable way to get this DVD distributed.

click here for a short preview of the DVD.

But Andrew suggests for now just contact him, and payment by cheque would fine.
        I will post and address up tonight...

Also the now very rare VHS Desert Tarantula by Andy is worth looking into. I might speak to Andy on this one and add it to the BTS site as a streaming flash movie, being only around 30 mins long it won't break the bandwidth..

Regards
        Mark

------------------------------------------------------
        Serious Ink tattoo studio -
        Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I've watched Andrews' DVD a few times since the weekend, very much worth the money.

If you can get the "Desert Tarantula" up on the site that would be great Mark!!
          Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thank you for answering, I have just watched the short preview of Andrew's DVD and now need to know what they descovered by the fence !!! Was it a male, was it another female ...

Seriously though, looks just the thing I was looking for ...
            BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

I was thinking the same thought just today. I only have Freeview at the moment so we don't get a lot of natural history stuff like on the National Geographic and Discovery channels. Closest so far have been Life in Cold Blood and Planet Earth on the Beeb. So because of this lack of natural history in the telly, I was wondering about any DVD's or the like.

p.s. Has anyone been to Tropical World in Leeds recently. I remember them having tarantulas and scorpions a while back and just wondered if they still do?
              Last edited by Andrew Ferguson; 28-02-08, 07:42 PM.
              Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Just watched the preview of Andrew Smiths DVD. But what did he find by the fence!! Arrggghhhhh
                Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
                  Just watched the preview of Andrew Smiths DVD. But what did he find by the fence!! Arrggghhhhh
                  Got to get the darn dvd just to find out now lol
                  BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

i had the great pleasure of hearing the lecture andrew gave about brachypelmas at the annual lectures. i believe this was basically what is contained in the dvd. if its half as good as the lecture, its well worth the purchase
                    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                    X