My newly loulted GBB (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My newly loulted GBB (with pics)

When I got up Sunday morning, my GBB had moulted. She is quite a bit bigger, and darker on her legs. She has gone from about 1 inch to 1 1/2 inches.

Stella before moult

Stella after moult
    Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

That's a lovely looking spider Leanne. But can I ask a question (Ifeel a bit silly actually!). What is the proper name for a GBB?
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
      That's a lovely looking spider Leanne. But can I ask a question (Ifeel a bit silly actually!). What is the proper name for a GBB?
      Andrew...they are Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens!

Comment

A nice big difference with the moult Leanne, i'm getting more an more swayed into purchasing one or two of these (just for the looks).

Andrew, GBB is short for Green Bottle Blue Tarantula (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

Colin
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Great spider! My little GBB just molted recently, I think he's about two moults older than yours. I forgot how adorable he looked as a stripey sling not long ago

Colin, in my opinion a GBB is a must for everybody's collection. Get a sling or two of these and you won't regret it. They're one of my favourites

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
            A nice big difference with the moult Leanne, i'm getting more an more swayed into purchasing one or two of these (just for the looks).

Andrew, GBB is short for Green Bottle Blue Tarantula (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

Colin

Thanks Colin (and Louise), that's my reasoning for asking. I love the markings on it and may consider it as a future purchase.
            Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

those are lovely pics
              definitely a great species to own.
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
              My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks for the lovely replies everyone. Sorry Andrew, didn't think to put the proper name on.

I do agree, everyone should have one of these in their 'collection'. Lovely spids. There is a big difference now she's moulted. Very happy with her

Thanks guys
                Proud owner of 100+ Beautiful T's and other pets

Comment

Working...
                X