Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moulting question

Heya guys, I hope you are all well this weekend

I have a question about moults, our B.smithi is about to moult, he is laying down web in his burrow and has a dark patch on his abdomon.

We hadn't fed him for a while but decided the other day to put some crickets in as we read that it was okay to feed them up until the moult. But now we are stuck with 3 crickets in the tank, how do you remove them without disturbing the tarantula?

Our tank isn't the normal lid on the top of the tank, awkwardly the door is on the front of the tank and lifts upwards, like a sliding door.

Are there any suggestions of how to remove the crickets please?

well where in the tank are the crickets? a b.smithi should be ok with you putting yuor hand in to remove them, alternitavely u can use some long tweezers to get them out. they really need to be gone before the T starts moulting as they could cause him injury
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Well we got rid of them fine, we ushered them to the front of the tank and let them escape

Our b.smithi is a grumpy so-in-so, so it would be a risk just reaching in hehe.

Thankyou for your reply, I hope you have a nice weekend.

Comment

Good luck with the moult Tara, let us know how things go on.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Hey Nicola,

Well yesterday was my birthday and I got a fantastic birthday present, a freshly moulted Garrett. Originally we thought he was a he, but now we are not so sure, he doesn't have any spurs on his front legs, so he might be a she

Garrett looks all fuzzy and very orange. It was such a nice suprise, and he/she has even given herself a big clean.

We will try and post some pictures up later or tomorrow hehe

Comment

Working...
          X