Selenobrachys philippinus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selenobrachys philippinus

Does anyone know anything about a species called Selenobrachys philippinus or Philippine Orange, Ive heard there rare & would like
    to know abit more about it thanks.

here's a picture at least...http://thebts.co.uk/forums/gallery/s....php/photo/501
    don't think i've seen any being sold, but i'm sure one will turn up if you keep looking. as for care...the best thing is to check the conditions in its local area. chances are that care won't be too different for it then for other Asian species.
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Does anyone Know how big they grow? I am in process of buying 2 spiderlings Selenobrachys philippinus on thursday if they are still there which i hope so, im after as much info as poss before i get them thanks.
      Last edited by Mark Pennell; 18-03-08, 07:07 AM. Reason: use only bold type to highlight certain parts of text only

Comment

I'm almost certain this is the T a friend of mine has, I'll get back to you with info.
        For now I know they're found on an island, I think its called Negros which has problems with armed rebels and therefore most people stay away. I read it on the Arachnoboards forum, you might want to see if there's more info on there.
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Selenobrachys philippinus

Are you on about an Orange Fringe Peter?

Comment

They are an Orange Fringe, Michael, and they look like the pic above. Try contacting Lee at the spider shop, I'm sure he's sold these before and may be able to give you some info. Good luck
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Adrian Mullen View Post
              Are you on about an Orange Fringe Peter?
              mmm! not sure, is there a difference? I remember seeing them for sale a while back and wondered what they were. Lovely orange spider called the Philipine Orange but as with many common names there's probably a few names they are referred to.
              I'm sure it was Arachnoboards forum so do a search on there.
              The only info I can be certain of is that they are very rare, perhaps someone's successfully bred them. I think they like it a little big more humid than a B. smithi but tbh I'd ask someone with more experience than my old memory banks.
              My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

They grow quite big it seems but dont know how big exactly.
                I dont think they are that rare anymore, I see spiderlings available on a lot of shows here in the Netherlands and not really expensive.

One of my females below

Comment

We sold over 100 S.phillipinus slings in the last 8 months so should be a far few floating around.

Lee

Comment

Working...
                  X