No announcement yet.

C. crawshayi update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Austin, You sure right about the condition of the breeding season for this spider but You should also take into account that burrows of this species reported too much long, sometimes over the 0.5 meters thus the condition in the whole burrow is much different and again the burrow turrents made and silken with the heavy web may also has the different microhabitat and conditions (mostly in humidity).
    As Richard Gallon provides the data for temperatures (for the Pterinochilus spp.) it is also very interesting to note that temperature during the day in the burrow is less than outside and vise a versa at the night time.
    As the outside drops stimulate the raising the temperature in the burrow the humidity in there also should varie as the upper burrow turrets should be more humid than lower.
    If You'd describe the female's behavior during incubation due the establishing different soil humidity (watering the lower sil level) - which area the cocoon was constructed and next kept?
    All the best,
    Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Alright folks. I finally got the humidity where I wanted it. It was pretty tough too. The humidity is a stable 77% with temps 78-82 deg. F.

Comment

Here is an update as of 4/4/08. It has been exactly 15 days since she laid these. There is developement going on, I'm pretty sure. Keep in mind that this species eggs are A LOT bigger than anything I've seen, so maybe it takes these longer to fully develope. We'll find out huh..
        Any suggestions would be great.

Comment

17 days later!

First cup:

Second cup:

Looking good so far!
          I'll have an update in about a week.

Comment

great, keep them coming!
            i wonder how long it'll take them to become "eggs with legs"
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
            X