Sellers at the BTS show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellers at the BTS show

Ok well i'm going to be going this year (first time), and i've allocated a fairly large budget for t's. However rather than simply wandering around aimless, I thought it would be nice to get some folk throw up a list of species they know for sure will be avalible from their tables. Means I can at least have some ideas what I will be buying.

So if possible, can anyone who is having a stall at the show throw up a list of what species they know 100% they will be bringing along?

Thanks in advance.

My Collection: - Support CB

Hi Rich,

the truth is apart from guys like Lee at the Spidershop many of the traders wont have lists as they may be waiting for shipments to come in or if they are breeders they might be waiting on egg sacs. Im sure some of them will post up what they have but half the fun on the day is haggling.

Some of the foreign dealers bring over many species.

See you on the day.

Ray Hale
    BTS Exhibition Organiser.
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Ray, Lee may have a list, also the bigger traders, but please don't forget us lil guys who only breed and sell for fun as it were, well I do anyways......I know I will never make a fortune at it, but more importantly, I will make people HAPPY.

I hope to have slings of H maculata, P cambridgei (hohum) and P irminia, some containers, some other bits and pieces of spiderkind and anything else I can find, all going cheap.

Mary
      spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

As if I could forget you Mary

Mary is right. My point was that many of the breeders simply do it for fun and to subsidise their hobby so they tend not to produce lists as such.

PS Mary I wouldn't say you were a "lil guy" . You breed more than most. Keep it up LOL

Ray
        British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
        The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
        On
        [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Ray and Mary

Well said!

The BTS expo was founded for the sole purpose to give the hobbyist an outlet for their captive bred surplus. As a veteran of every BTS show bar the first one I can say that things have grown slightly - yes!
          things have improved - yes!

However the little guys still gets fair crack of the whip and its there that often the best bargains and quality of stock can often be found, thus also supporting captive breeding by doing so.

Large or small trader, dealer or hobbyist just passing on surplus it can all be found at the BTS exhibition!

Can't wait!

All the best
          Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks lads, love ya for it...

Yes I am having a good 2008 so far, specially P cambridgei wise lol.
            spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Also can I add that (if my memory serves me right) there are some traders coming from abroad as well, so it is difficult to know what they will be able to bring. On the one hand its nice to be able to guarantee getting what you want, however may I add that 2 years ago when I went I got all 3 spiders I was after in 5 minutes of being there and came away with 5 others which were some of the best spiders I've ever kept! If you're concerned about price then you can get a year's stock for £50 (unless prices have dramatically increased) and £100 would get you a mini invertibrate zoo! I think what I'm saying is treat it as fun, and you'll be amazed at what you end up with. Also if you don't find all you want (that'll be a first) then Lee and Dan and Virginia will still be there online anyway. Have fun!
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

The BTS expo....hundreds of "kids in candy stores" wandering around aimlessly buying everything in their path.

Last year there was everything you could want (and some that you didn't realise you did, but bought anyway)
                I spent nearly £200 last year and, as Nicola said, probably could have restocked a zoo a couple of times.

All the other shows throughout the year (all be them excellent in their own right) are just teasers for the main event in May !!!!

Colin

ps didn't realise you bred P cambs Mary !!! that is a surprise.....might have to buy a couple (of dozen more)
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Can,t Wait!!!

It will be my first B.T.S show and just can,t wait, I am really looking forwards to it,Goodness only knows what i will be coming back with as i have more Spider room now both upstairs and down. I have one or two Ts that i really want and the rest? well whatever takes mine and Micks fancy at the time. It will also depend what i purchases i make at the at the Bug Fayre next month.Looking forwards to meeting everyone that i can pick out that I have not met all ready.

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

i've gone to shows and found more than i bargained for, even if a few species i had on the old wishlist weren't present. but there's always time for them
                    i'm hoping to find H incei...and anything else that takes my fancy
                    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

I know James the last time we saw you , you were loaded up to the eyes with boxes containing heaven knows what and that was when we left!!! i believe you still did a bit more buying after that too !!! LOL
                      Look forwards to seeing you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Yvonne Woolley View Post
                        Looking forwards to meeting everyone that i can pick out that I have not met all ready.
                        I'll be the one that looks like that bloke who comes to visit and drinks you out of coffee
                        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

As If!!!

As if we would ever forget you Colin.LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X