ID please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID please?

Anyone know what T this is? It's about 8-9cm ls and very aggressive....

Can't help with the ID, sorry, but that is a VERY nice T!

Comment

cyclosternum?

looks exactly like one of mine.

also a tad aggressive

jan

Comment

Pamphobeteus ultramarinus is my guess Taki, but there's more experienced on here that may prove me incorrect.
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I agree with Kate
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Thanks all, Jan I unfortunately cannot see the pics from that link! I'll wait and see if anyone else has any more ideas.... I agree that the colouration looks like P ultramarinus Colin, but not much els about it looks Pampho though

Comment

It looks kind of like the Lasiodorides polycuspulatus but I'm never very good at id'ing lol.

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Comment

I agree with Jan. I think it's the spider sold under the names Cyclosternum sp. blue femur and I think also Metriopelma sp. Machalla.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Here's a link to the pics:

I bought it as cyclosternum sp. ecuador blue femur. But that's off course no guarantee...

judge for yourself

jan

Comment

Was gonna say it looks Metriopelma sp.

Comment

Cyclosternum sp. "Machala".

It was sold as a Metriopelma by some in the past, but I'm not really sure why. For one, Metriopelma males do not posses tibial hooks and this species possesses them.

You can see some photos of the "bits" HERE.

Eric
                      MY FLICKR

Comment

Hi eric,

i see the same typical webbing on the floor as with mine. any idea at what stage the males show their adult color differentiation?

jan

Comment

Thanks guys, it does look like that's what I've got, it even has that slightly blonde urticating patch. Mine however has not even a hint of blue on the legs. It does look like it's close to moulting, so maybe that would explain that. I have another T which was sold to me as P atrichomatus, which looks remarkably similar except for size which is rather larger ???
                          I'll take some pics of that one this weekend & post them here.
                          Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Taki Tsonis View Post
                            Mine however has not even a hint of blue on the legs. It does look like it's close to moulting, so maybe that would explain that.
                            Yeah, it's due to different lighting in the pictures and points in the molt cycle. I'm quite confident in what you have. In certain light they will appear black. In direct sunlight a lot of color appears. They are not an easy spider to photograph accurately for me. The first picture I showed above is without flash, the second is the same spider with flash.

Phormictopus atrichomatus is a very different (and MUCH larger) spider.

Eric
                            MY FLICKR

Comment

Whichever it is, its a beautiful spider. Looking forward to the pics. Thanks Taki
                              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
                              X