Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Shelving?

Hi,

I am soon to move house and it would be nice to bring some organisation to the ever growing mountain of tanks, cables and lighting that is home to my collection.

Can anyone recommend any customisable shelving units that are good for accomodating a T collection?

I was thinking of looking for a large unit with closing glass doors so that I could control the temperature of the whole thing, rather than for individual tanks, not to mention providing an extra line of defense against escapees.
    See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

I dont normally advertise large companies but Ikea might be a good starting place, a lot of people have said they have some nice large display cases.

I would, myself, try to find someone with carpentry expertese and have them help you design and build a custom made piece exactly to your own spec.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I did exactly that! My friend Kev measured my room up and built me this:

The inside of the unit has rows of holes so that i can have the shelves wherever i want them. The middle shelf is fixed however, which is why it holds some of the heavier tanks (as does the bottom).

However now my collection has escaped just this unit and is now on another next to it lol!

Comment

Nice one that looks great!
        Yes I had better leave room for expansion...!
        See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

i was going through some old furniture when a mate of mine was moving and he had some of those canvas covered bedroom units, i removed the canvas and hey presto! i had study wooden shelving perfect for tanks. i think they are quite cheap to buy aswell
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

As far as I'm concerned IKEA is a spider keepers best friend

All of these units are from IKEA and cost £11.99 each AND they are semi adjustable http://www.thebts.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3692

Comment

Working...
            X