Barking Spider Awakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barking Spider Awakes

I hadn't seen my Selecosmia Crassipes since last September and was beginning to worry, when, last night while watching the telly it poked its little legs out (perhaps it was waiting for that episode of absolutely fabulous!)
    Today I got it a cricket and snapped it up like lightening.
    So glad Bruce is OK.

Hi Daniel,
    Great news that your spider is ok. In fact this is quite common for Australian tarantulas, to hibernate that is, so there's no need to worry. Its just that some of these species come from areas where the seasons can be harsh and in fact the S. plumipes is notorious for disappearing into its burrow for 3 months at a time! my sp. Sarina had two good hibernations before age caught up on him. Also if you see a tarantula called Phlogius crassipes it is the same spider as yours. They were originally called this before they became "Selenocosmia" and are now I believe going to change back. Whether this has officially happened yet I don't know (I think it has) and the reasons are scientific and way over my head. Anyway you have a brilliant spider there and I hope he soon becomes a parent too! Good luck
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
    X