New home for A.chacoana with 21st century extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New home for A.chacoana with 21st century extras

So I finally got around to making the first of my new style of enclosures.

Aiming for a semi natural enviroment, so size is always an issue. This one for instance is 22x17x14", so fairly large by some standard, but in my mind only just adequate.

Just a couple of shots of the outside to start with.
    Attached Files

My Collection: - Support CB

Now the bit I'm most happy with, no longer do I need to clang about to try and get a picture of some scared to death spider invading it's enclosure. Mainly as this new breed of viv has built in SPIDERCAM. Not only does it let me take snapshots from a different room entirely, but also allows me take videos of both day and night (infrared). With the added bonus of having motion capture, so I can leave things running all day/night and not have hours and hours of editing to sift through.

Theraphosids just got a kick into the 21st century.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, Rich that looks brilliant. Did you make it yourself or did you buy it? If so, do you have a link as to where we could buy one?
      Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Ferguson View Post
        Wow, Rich that looks brilliant. Did you make it yourself or did you buy it? If so, do you have a link as to where we could buy one?

Don't have a link sorry as it was entirely custom built.

Comment

Well I take my hat off to you Rich. You've done a stirling job. I can only just about make a sandwich!!
          Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

and to think some people see keeping Ts as pets is cruel, i wouldnt mind living the like that, the life of luxury. well done rich. how much does it cost roughly to build a set up like that?
            THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

not exactly cheap, as it involves 6mm glass, along with 12mm woodchip. Then the interior bits too. Total cost including decor, and camera is about 50-60.

Comment

Working...
              X