spid pics identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spid pics identification

hi all, heres pics of my new spid , was advertised as mexican white knee, however after lots of research i cannot find a white knee of the brachi family. could it be the brazilian white knee ? also there is a bold patch on her back, could anyone explain this and is it normal ? cheers kev
    Attached Files

Looks like an Aphonopelma seemanii thats in need of a good moult to me
    (just googled a common name as The Costa Rican Zebra, i don't use em so i have to look em up )

the Brazilian White Knee is a common name given to Acanthoscurria geniculata but the leg patterns differ to that of yours.

*edit* forgot to add..... the bald patch will more than likely be down to flicking hairs, but best to have as close a look as you can just to make sure there's no creepy crawlies, just to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by Colin D Wilson; 23-04-08, 12:58 PM.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

I'm no expert on identification but I'd agree with Colin, Costa Rican Zebra.

It looks quite different to the Brazilian White Knee: http://thebts.co.uk/forums/gallery/s...o.php/photo/27
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Thx for a speedy response guys

Comment

This is typical Eupalaestrus campestratus without any other possibility...
          All the best,
          Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

Looks more like Eupaelestrus Campestratus to me too... And whilst these are usually docile, there is always the odd one that is a real devil for kicking and other scatty behaviour!

Comment

Not really had much to do with that genus, but yeah, i'll go along with that, more similarities than my first guestimate !
              Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Louise~Nichols View Post
                Looks more like Eupaelestrus Campestratus to me too...
                I think I would tend to agree with Louise and Colin on this one. The hairs seem to be longer than on the A.seemanii, but then I'm no expert.
                Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

your right gang a perfect match ,thx a lot. Any reason for the bold patch o back?

Comment

the bald patch will be where he has been flicking his hairs, nothing to worry about and it will get a new load when it next molts

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

thx stu . learning all the time .

Comment

that doesn't stop, mate
                        i'm sure even the "Old Guard" are still learning new things!
                        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                        -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
                        My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                        X