Setup Ok??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setup Ok??

Just set up my new little P. Regalis sling in a small pot, and just wanted some opinions as to whether or not it looks ok. Do I need to add anything else to it, or is it ok as it is??

Cheers

Adam

Nothing wrong with that for the meantime, they grow quite quickly in the right conditions so it won't be too long before you're re-potting it me-thinks.

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Thanks mate. Just wanted to check all was ok as keeping Pokies is all new to me. She is about an inch long at the moment, so how big should I let her get before moving her to a bigger pot??

Adam

Comment

I'd say in another moult it'll be spanning the bottom of the tub, so not long after that. I personally would, at least, double the volume of that tub for the next time.
        I tend to keep spiders in what some would consider too large an enclosure, but thats how i've done it for years and years now and it works for me
        Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Looks fine to me, quite interested in what's behind it too, LOL.
          The only addition I'd make is a slim piece of cork or bamboo or something a little more rigid for the T to anchor its webbing on, perhaps your plastic plant is rigid enough though.
          If you decide to keep this on the moist side you might want to consider some more ventilation holes, I quite often put some at substrate level.
          My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

I have slowly been increasing the size of my T's enclosures as I acquire more. Mostly because then I can fit more decor in and make them look nicer. I remember being warned off big tanks when I first got into the hobby, on account of it making it hard for the T to find food. But in my experience, if a T is hungry enough it will go look for food! I love watching my spiders stalking crickets around their tanks.

Adam your setup looks fine for now. Nice little T too, I have a P. regalis about that size. I wonder if yours is as scatty as mine, he goes nuts whenever I disturb him, lol.

Comment

i agree with peter. from my experience, regalis like to hide inside things so an upright piece of cork or bamboo would be better so that she or he can set up its home inside
              THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thanks all. Will try and source a small piece of cork bark to put in there for it.

Peter - The tub behind is my A. Avic. Will get some pics up when I can get some good ones.

Cheers

Adam

Comment

With my pokeys I tend to move the whole container into a bigger one and just unscrew the lid. This gives the spider security of a place it already knows and the opportunity to move around. Some of my adults still have the tiny pot they started life in inside thier big glass tanks. All webbed over usually but nevertheless still there.

Ray
                  British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                  The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                  On
                  [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Working...
                  X