P. Regalis mating help, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. Regalis mating help, please

My other half is wanting to breed his P.Regalis up, the male matured a couple of weeks back and we saw him 'charging up' Friday and his female moulted Tuesday, nither have eaten since as yet.
    He has never bred them before (come to think of it, we have never bred from any T before) so any help would be appreciated at this point.

What kind of tub would you use, long or high? Would you feed before? What to watch out? What to expect?

I know it's a lot of questions but as said, any help from the people who have done it before would be good.

Cheers
    On behalf of Matt (other half )

!!! Sorry, some how managed to post this in the wrong section !!!
    No problems Traci, thread moved for you....Colin
    Thanks, Colin
    Last edited by Traci Barker; 02-05-08, 06:04 PM.
    BTS Member and proud!!

if possible i would use the females tub, i suppose feeding the female a few crix just to make sure shes eating and recovered from the moult would also be good,with regalis and many other pokie species people normally put the male in with her for a few weeks as they are known to be communal, several matings will occur over this period of time, hopefully you get some good success with them, goodluck,

stuart

Comment

when i mated regalis, i put the male in an old cricket tub and put the tub in with the female, after a couple of days i took the lid off of the cricket tub and let the male find his own way in the female enclosure. they lived happily together and had a healthy sex life until the male died of old age. as long as their is enough food for both of them, they sshouldnt harm each other
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Thank you for your replies, they have been very helpful!

Thou of course my other half now thinks he has the very best spiders because they are so gregarious and so 'nice' to each other, but of course I know that my Brachy's and Aphono's are really the best

He has placed the male in a cricket tub in with the female today, so I will keep you posted on how things progress

Thanks again
        BTS Member and proud!!

Comment

Working...
        X