My B.smithi has moulted at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My B.smithi has moulted at last!

My tiny B.smithi that I had on 2nd January has finally moulted for the first time. He only had 7 legs and a bit of a stump before the moult and still has only 7 legs but no stump. I'm just glad he came through ok and hopefully it will grow back next time. My GBB has been in her moulting hammock for a month now so hopefully she will moult very soon too.
    Last edited by patsyking; 07-05-08, 07:14 AM.
    Proud owner of 48 Tarantulas and other pets.

Congrats. One of my tiny smithi molted yesterday, he's just starting to get the first bit of orange on his knees. Sounds like yours will have his missing leg back after his next moult. How big is it now?

Comment

Its hiding in its hide at the moment. When it was out this morning it was about 3/4 " but I guess it hasn't pumped itself up yet after the moult. When he comes out I'll try and get a proper measurement. To me it's still really really tiny! Thanks for the Congrats.

Comment

That's great news Patsy. Did you see the moult. My smithi moulted (first time in my possesion) at the weekend and I got to see the whole process.
        Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Yes Andrew, I saw most of it as he had already started when I checked on him first thing in the morning as I usually do. My daughter has one too and she came over to have a look as he was out of his skin by then and we both saw him flip over to upright...........it was fantastic! I'm now waiting for my GBB to flip and moult, been in her hammock for a month now. I saw her upside down last moult but didnt see her flip upright so as you can imagine, every time I walk past my spiders I'm having a look. They are on my dining table in the sittingroom so I don't even have to touch the tanks, just look from the side. All very exciting!

Comment

yay were all molting

Just checked and thats another of mine molted at some point through the day lol

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Maybe its the warmer weather responsible for all the moulting going on at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by patsyking View Post
                Maybe its the warmer weather responsible for all the moulting going on at the moment.
                tell me about it, back in the office today on the nicest day yet, could do with molting myself!

Comment

Nice one Patsy... still worried that something is up with Ice Cube... I really feel to rip up that flower pot, more and more as the days go by, though I know I shouldn't...
                  Do you have some pics of your Smithi now and then? Even the process if you have any...

Thanks.
                  Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!
                  Pyro the Brachypelma Auratum!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Shah View Post
                    Nice one Patsy... still worried that something is up with Ice Cube... I really feel to rip up that flower pot, more and more as the days go by, though I know I shouldn't...
                    Do you have some pics of your Smithi now and then? Even the process if you have any...

Thanks.
                    noooooooooooooooo leave him be he knows what to do (btw.. 3rd smithi molted today, 3rd in 3 days lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Common View Post
                      noooooooooooooooo leave him be he knows what to do (btw.. 3rd smithi molted today, 3rd in 3 days lol)
                      Rahh...crazy!
                      D/W... I will not touch that tank, except the water dish. But, it is just something that is creeping from the back of my mind, to the front; fast, but not rapidly...
                      Three in three days, that is still wicked!
                      Li'l' Ice Cube the Brachypelma Smithi!!! (As of 13/05/08 !!) But, I'm still gonna refer to it as Ice Cube!

Comment

I suppose we're all at it. My remaining A. fasciculata moulted today, which is a relief seeing as the last one died in a moult! Also my T. pruriens safely moulted last week. They must know its the BTS next week and want me to know how happy they are at the prospect of little brothers and sisters!
                        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I am about to post pics in the pic forum now of him before and after his moult. I did'nt get any pics during the moult. He's in a plastic container and the sides would'nt have been clear enough to get pics through it plus my camera is'nt a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by patsyking View Post
                            I am about to post pics in the pic forum now of him before and after his moult. I did'nt get any pics during the moult. He's in a plastic container and the sides would'nt have been clear enough to get pics through it plus my camera is'nt a very good one.
                            Kl yeah I understand. Well, it'll be great to look at some before and after pics anyway!

Comment

Working...
                            X