Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi all

I've been on cat, dog and snake forums but this is my first time on a Tarantula forum. Briefly, i live in Pretoria, South Africa. Am divorced 10yrs and have a 17yr girl and 14yr boy. Live on a 3 hectare small holding in an old farm house. Own a great dane, fox x bull terrier and a min pin also 2 rats that play with my cats and visa versa. I am also owned by 11 cats. Needless to say, my life is not my own. I decided to add to my large family and about 7 months ago bought a juvenile female curly haired tarantula. I will chat to you all about her in my posting in the forum as I have a big problem with her. Nice to know you all. Chat to you later.

Hi Charlene,

First of all nice to see you here, hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us .

Lovely little collection of ...well...allsorts..you have there

Look forward to hearing about your "problem" and hope we can get it sorted for you.

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

welcome to the forum
      i'm sure you'll find answers to any questions you have
      'A Woman's Prayer:
      Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

Hi Charlene,

Welcome to the madhouse! Everyone is great here and will help in any way we can. There's lots more on the site too other than these (brilliant) forums. Have a look around.
        sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Welcome to the hobby and the boards Charlene
          Sounds like you have your hands full. My wife does wildlife rehabbing so we always have quite the assortment of animals here as well.
          Watch your thoughts, they become words.
          Watch your words, they become actions.
          Watch your actions, they become habits.
          Watch your habits, they become your character.
          Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
          - Unknown

Species I currently have

Comment

welcome Charlene
            hope you enjoy it here, lots of great people happy to give advice!
            Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
            -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

i see.... delete my post in the other thread why dont u... lol... well like i said before... all nice here... welcome and im sure we'll be able to help

Comment

Sorry Jason, you must have replied just as I pressed "delete" on the double post mate.
                Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Hi and welcome Charlene. I've read about your problem and hopefully it will be sorted soon. These tarantulas give us so much stress at times, but make up for it in so many other ways.
                  Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin D Wilson View Post
                    Sorry Jason, you must have replied just as I pressed "delete" on the double post mate.
                    lol dont worry. as long as this new prob gets sorted its all good

Comment

Welcome to the BTS forum. Ask any question and we will try to help. thats why we are here. We have members in South Africa already so you are in good company.

Ray Hale
                      BTS Committee
                      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                      On
                      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

welcome charlene you really have found the best place to pool resources on t's any question can and will be answered here and im sure your curly will get all the best attention here

enjoy yourself here and dont be shy to stick your nose in we all do
                        Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

Thank you

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome. I have already made 'my problem your problem' with my Curly Hair Tarantula. I've received an enormous amount of feedback which has been and will still be greatly appreciated. You all are an amazing bunch of people.

Comment

Working...
                          X