BTS Expo 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Expo 2008

Just a quick line to say thanks to everybody concerned in making it a great day out...Again !!

Special thanks to Ray and Angela, Mark and Kim for putting the time in required to make such an event happen.
    Thanks to all the commitee members for their contributions.

And a special mention to Lee (Mr. security man on Sunday) for making the saturday morning set-up such an entertaining time

Colin
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

ill second that THANK YOU the whole two days where an experience not to miss if only to see lee in that sexy pink t.shirt!!!!! joking aside it was a fab event and all the credit must goto the main guys so thanks Ray,Angie,Mark and Kim.
    Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

The show

so did every one get what they was after i know i nearly did and it was my own fault i lost out on the t.blondi choosing to wait till later to pick it up then going back and it was gone lol

but i did get these

6.avic versi (thanks Howard)
      2 a.iodius (Thanks Toran)
      1 Cambridgie (thanks Mary)
      2 GBB (Nick Tyres!! 1 unknown1 thanks)
      1 Crawshayi (Cant Remember)
      1 L.Para (Thanks Ray and angie)
      1 B.vagan x B.albostriata Hybrid) Again thanks Ray and Angie)
      1 H.Mac (Again thanks Toran)
      and a Praying Mantis!

with 10 l.Paras ordered from Mary.

so all in all not a bad day miss out on me t.Blondi but still got some wonderful spiders
      ill post pics if i can get round to it.
      Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

This was a first for this yank and I will tell you there is not another bunch of nutters I would rather spend a day with than this group of people. I had loads of fun and met loads of new people. Loved seeing so many people who have such passion for spiders, and bugs in general. Was a great time and look forward to the next show and the one after it and after that one and so on.

and a huge thanks to everyone who made it happen.

cheers
        "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
        Jeremy Bentham

Comment

hope you like them as much as I do mate.

cheers
          "The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?"
          Jeremy Bentham

Comment

I'll third that... excellent show

Had a great day, spent too much money

Thanks too Ray and Angela, Mark and Kim for everything.

Gary

Comment

I had a great day , was nice meeting up with old friends again and meeting some new as well

Come home with a few bits and bobs

thanks to all concerned in organising the show "WELL DONE "

Comment

Damm and blast was that today! and there's me with my ferry ticket booked for next week! I had it all planed to turn up and say hello too.

oh deary me.

Comment

I got 4 borrowed males
                  Augacephalus sp 'Mozambiqe', 2 x slings and an a/f, thanks Lee for female and a sling xx
                  C bechuanicus slings x 2, thanks Andy
                  C sanderi 2 x a/f and 1 x sub male, thanks Andy
                  P pulcher sling x 1, pressie, thanks Wes
                  P irminia sub female thanks, you know who you are lol.

All in all a good day, thanks everybody.
                  spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Hi All
                    Myself and Kim have just got back home, its been a long and tiring weekend, but its all made worth it by being able to meet up with the old and new friends.

The Saturday night at the pub was as always a real blast!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, its most appreciated and we are all glad you had a great time...

All the very best
                    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
                    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Great show! I walked away with:

3 GBB, 1 adult male, 1 adult female and one sling
                      1 Brachypelma auratum, subadult female.

I went with the intention of finding the Greenbottle, and after a rathwer quick scout around the halls found the spiderling. rather than risk it being snapped up I purchased it. About half an hour later a discovered the adults! Ah well, they are such great spiders and they don't take up too much room!!!

Thanks to all who made it possibe.

Comment

well, what a fantastic day. many thanks to ray, angela, mark and kim for yet another triumphant success. got some real baragains today and was well worth getting lost for lol. my biggest thanks has to go to louise tho, three beautiful spiders kindly donated to myself, i am especially chuffed with the b.klaasi, thanks again louise but where were you for that hug???
                        was really nice to put some faces to names.
                        enjoy ya bargains colin and toran lol
                        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

managed to get meself..
                          1x b.klaasi
                          1x b.auratum
                          1x b.vagans
                          all from louise, thanks again for that, and i purchased
                          1x b.boehmi
                          1x b.sabulosum
                          1x b.emilia
                          1x a.seemani

only a couple more to go and i got all me brachys, and couldnt resist starting me aphnopelma collection early lol
                          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

I'll add my thanks and congratulations to all involved for making this such an awesome day. It was my first time and I loved it, and so did my housemate, it made the 3 hour drive each way totally worth it. We got home about 6pm (and I immediately had a cup of tea from my BTS mug ) and only finished housing spiders about an hour ago. Getting the 5 regalis slings into their communal home was especially entertaining. We both got all the Ts we went aiming to find and some good bargains too. Amazing to get to see so many cool animals in the flesh. Andrew Smith's lecture was really interesting and now I've got all the extra fun of the dvd to look forward to. Really nice to meet Ray Hale and Mary (thank you for the slings, they are adorable!) and see Sylvi again. Shame I didn't meet anyone else from here but it was all a bit frantic and I had no idea who to look out for.

All in all a great day and the effort showed. Looking forward to next year's now!
                            Last edited by Kate Arbon; 18-05-08, 10:33 PM.

Comment

lol i know how ya feel kate. i was looking at traders name stickers seeing if i recognised ne names frm on ere lol, met a few people, and was a real pleasure to meet the peeps i did

Comment

Working...
                              X