Testing boundaries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing boundaries?

Since Tallulah (G. rosea, RCF) moved in with us after the BTS show she has started to explore her new home. However, this includes poking her feet through the vents on the side and ceiling of her viv and 'clawing' at them and even biting them. Is she just testing the boundaries of her new enclousure or is this a plea for more space?

She is currently in an ExoTerra viv, which has the same foot print as the one Ruby (G.rosea NCF) is housed in but it is significantly more shallow. Ruby happily climbs the sides of hers and sits at the top, but she has never attempted this plucking at the vents that Tallulah is doing.

Tallulah has also been digging, which is fine and good, but I wonder if this coupled with the described behaviour is more than a settling mechanism.

Any ideas????

More than likely she's just having a scout around for weaknesses in the enclosure, i've seen this many times...wandering around and scraping at the sides etc etc.
    She should settle down eventually, although she may be wanting to explore a little more by digging as they would in the wild

P.S. i moved all the following Vivarium based posts to another thread Tracy.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

All of mine at some point have tried to escape.

My cobalt blue is a total git for it, as we speak it has tunnel webbed up the side of the enclosure and right to the open top flap. Wonder why its done that, nasty sod.

Comment

yeah my smithi did this after its last moult, and after i sorted out its roof (after it managed to escape the last one) but since then its settled in and doent climb to the top (not that i know of) so yeah... shouldnt worry about it. just them exploring

Comment

I agree with Colin, ive seen this many times. My paraphysa's do it more then the rest of the brigade though. Maybe they are just stubborn

Comment

Thanks for that everyone! Guess I was just being a bit paranoid, she has settled down now and is content with 'landscaping' her substrate, I think it was just that is was such a disturbing noise to hear her plucking at the vents, and I was sure she would eventually get a foot stuck! She is feeding well, and that has got to be a good sign!

Comment

Working...
            X