Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much would you pay for an adult Female T.Blondi

Not that im selling one,

what would you say the average price for a female t.blondi would be?

just curious as i just got offered one for around the 200 quid mark which to me is crazy
    Proud B.T.S Member

I've just done a quick online search and prices range from £40 for a medium unsexed one to £112.59 for a medium to s/a unsexed one. Cannot find any adults for sale, but then I only searched a few of the dealers I have saved in Favourites.
    Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

yeah ive always seen in the past mainly from private buyrs that is s traders always cost a bit more is 25-50ish unsexed and upto bout 100-120 max for a sexed female adult
      Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

Ive seen one for 100 quid, sexed female, in a shop near me once. Probably one or 2 molts of adult.

Seems really dear for a spider does 100 quid, even a monster like this.

I reckon if you scoured the web you could get one for a lot less.

Although personally Id rather buy a cheap small one for about 20 quid and grow it on. Good unless you want it for immediate breeding like.

Comment

Hello all would be Blondi owners, I am in the same boat i can get a female about the size of an adult Rosea for £80.00p anothe place has some unsexed for £75.00p and Lee (Spider Shop) had some slightly smaller at thr B.T.S. Show for £45.00P or it may have been £40.00p and i am really not sure which way to jump, Is anyone taking any to the Newark Bug Fayre next week? if so please P.M.me. are many of you going bye the way?
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

"If it doesnt kill you, it only makes you stronger"

Comment

Well...I'll be there at Newark!
            As for pricing, we picked up a good 6" specimen (now confirmed female after moulting) at Kettering...with the negotiations on the bundle of spiders we bought, the price of the Blondi girl worked out at £35.
            The little cutie I got at the BTS expo was £30, and approaching 4 inch legspan, and Colin also kindly helped to add to my growing collection of Theraphosa's!!

Pricing is certainly variable...my advice...either find someone who wants to do a swap, or indulge in gentle negotiations at the shows! lol

Comment

I think that whilst prices can vary it all depends on what you are willing to pay. Lee recently was selling an adult female P. metallica for just under £400. I didn't buy her but if I'd had the money I would! Also I think if you really want an A/F T. blondi then £120, whilst steep, isn't too bad. With a spider tbat size though I'd be more concerned about where are you going to keep her. I've just been e-mailing Clear Seal yesterday about having a tank built for my T. apophysis. They're big spiders you know!
              sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Custom made tanks

Please let me know how you get on with the price of your tank Nichola, I have been getting some made at Custom Aquaria and find them really cheap,and nothing is too much trouble for them either.

Comment

Blondi

Yes i know Louise, you seem to get all the bargains. LOL!!!! I am going to be on you coat srings at this one.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With a spider tbat size though I'd be more concerned about where are you going to keep her
                    Hi
                    You don't need over large cases. I kept and bred T.blondi in a case thar measured,15 inches (36cm)long x 12 inches (31cm) wide x 7 inches (18cm) deep. Not too big, easy to lift and fits snug on most shelves. Still got one or two if anyone wants to pick it/them up at KWH in October.

cheers
                    Chris

Comment

well dhe arrived today, lil shaken but seems ok, im keepingf her in a 24inchx8x8 so its plenty big enough for her right now.

my one concern is she has a bald patch (which is very common i know) but this one is quite red well its very red to be honest, this i have never come across ive seen colours varying from a peachy coloiur all through to black but not this red..
                      Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

hi.....i paid 95quid for my blondi 2 years ago.....grown her on and shes a confirmed female with around 10inch leg span,a beast of a spider never to be messed with lol
                        all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Originally posted by scott wilson View Post
                          hi.....i paid 95quid for my blondi 2 years ago.....grown her on and shes a confirmed female with around 10inch leg span,a beast of a spider never to be messed with lol
                          Sounds beast mate. I have a few salmon pinks which i hope will get big.

Comment

hope my one gets that big she a slender 6 inch at the mo but she gonna get the vip treatment now!!

scott i just pissed satan off was doing a bit of standard tank clearing and i nudged the web she made damn she was a sight to behold, obviously the tank clearing is now on hold for a day or two lol, apart from that she is well away eating well and not doing much but she all good mate!
                            Proud B.T.S Member

Comment

good to hear it mate.....glad you got your blondi aswell they really are the dogs danglies!!!!..had mine 2 years now and shes tripled in size.eats around 4/5 locust a week and a fuzzy mouse every 2/3 weeks,hisses and kicks hairs at the slightest disturbence!!!....her names matilda(thanks daughter lol)....looking forward to my 1st pokie sling due tomorow..peace to all.
                              all those moments will be lost in time.....like tears........in rain

Comment

Working...
                              X