No announcement yet.

Absolutely Gutted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that a Leopard Gecko? Julie will look after that for a while for you with hers if you like. They are little characters and it would be hard to replace a favourite.

Comment

As you earn a living as a curator of a museum you could argue that these are not pets but studies concerned with your employment. You could argue that its a necessary part of your employment and perhaps alleviate any fears they may have. Its possibly a long shot but maybe worth a try once you're in.
      If you want help looking after your spids I have no problem providing a home for when you find yourself in a more suitable position.
      Your situation stinks tbh and it seems an infringement of your human rights!
      My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

We had a similar problem when we moved. The "No Pet" clause is a standard thing which is really intended to keep dogs and cats out. I took it to mean as such and put my spiders in a back room.

I got to know the neighbours and when the annual inspection was due, simply carted the spiders next door for the night.

Whilst honesty is always the best cause, a little bit of rule bending is also a neccessity! You cannot blame a landlord for not wanting any pets. At the end of the day it's their property and they have to pay for any repairs made. I view it as a that I pay a lot of money every month for the privilidge of living in a fairly large house and as such I pay my spiders rent!
        Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

just spoke to a mate of mine who works for an estate agents. he said you need to read the tenancy agreement. 9 times out of 10 the landlord does not put in there that you ar enot allowed pets, they usually put 'no warm blooded animals', hey presto there is nothing in your tenancy agreement stopping you keeping exotics
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

A previous rented property of mine had a "caged animals only" clause which i think is fair, most don't want the Cats and Dogs scenario due to unneccesary noise and property damage.

Obviously we took "caged animals" to the extreem!!!!!
            Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lacey View Post
              As you earn a living as a curator of a museum you could argue that these are not pets but studies concerned with your employment. You could argue that its a necessary part of your employment and perhaps alleviate any fears they may have. Its possibly a long shot but maybe worth a try once you're in.
              Hi Mate
              real bummer but I agree with Peter
              Technically they are not pets but subjects of scientific study I think once they are in situ the landlord would find it very hard to force you to remove them

Strictly speaking they are NOT pets see dictionary definition of pet

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This pet1 Audio Help /pɛt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pet] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, adjective, verb, pet·ted, pet·ting. –noun

1.any domesticated or tamed animal that is kept as a companion and cared for affectionately.

well they show no signs of affection and they cannot be domesticated

Good luck anyway I would happily give a couple of spids temporary housing but I'm in Newmarket so a little bit out of the way for collection but if you have a couple of spids / slings you want to post to me for a while I have a couple of spare vivs and can look after them for you
              Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
              -------------------------------------------------------
              Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

Agreed, and I will be bringing in native invertebrates for study as part of my work (and play!). I think it is just a case of cutting right down for the move just to be on the safe side, and settling in with no visible life, then I am sure things will start building up again...

Well this should give me a chance to perfect my skills at planted vivaria without the risk of a bite, it is just going to be funny when I say theres nothing in any of the tanks except plants ( ha ha but there will be loads of collembola!).. shhhh

again thanks for the help.. I should have it all sorted in the next few weeks. And I'm sure when I get a better set up there will be people that could send me some slings to start things up again, I have really learnt how supportive this network can be!

I also agree the Pet clause is pretty vauge, but when there is competition for finding a flat the tenant is not in a position to argue and the landlords descision is final...
                See my new blog about Bristol's bug life: Bristol Loves Bugs

Comment

well good luck with the move mark, i hope it all goes well for you, i am sure there are loads of people on here that would be more then happy to help you set up agen once you have settled in, i am certainly one of them
                  THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                  X