Ephebopus murinus slings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ephebopus murinus slings

hiya guys. does anybody know what the going rate is for Ephebopus murinus spiderlings? ta
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

i've seen them going for a pound each!
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

not alot of value at all then lol, i only ask cus a friend of mine has just had two females lay egg sacks.
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

i'm not sure...the ones i saw going cheap might've been a very generous deal, rather than going rate.
        they are a great spider and not as commonly seen at the moment as some others...
        Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
        -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

they are a fantastic lookin T, got one almighty bad temper tho lol. i have to admit, i havnt seen any for sale anywhere for a very long time

Comment

your was cheaper wasn't it james? lol
            congrats to your mate these are great spiders. as for the going rate i would say £5 per sling but i am not sure, as you say they are cracking spiders

Comment

I paid £12 at the BTS 2007 now about 5cm and one of my favourites

Smith.spider

Comment

might see if lee at the spider shop wants to do a deal with em, neither of us have the time to sort them and sell them, lee might do us some sort of swap

Comment

I paid £12 for my murinus sling from Lee last year.

Comment

Craig McInnes sold them at about a pound each
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Hi, I doubt if this helps but I have an E. murinus sub-adult/adult at home. First can I say that it is rare to see this spider, they tend to dig a burrow and then stay down it. Secondly can I say that when they do come out of their burrow (often bigger) they are one of the most breathtaking sights you could wish to see. The blackness on their legs is pitch and the abdomen looks as though it is made of velvet. also they are more furry than I first thought. Watch out for those pedipalps though! A beautiful spider with bags of atitude, and as far as I'm concerned if you pay less than £20 for one you've got a bargain.
                      sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I have to agree Nicola but the dark colour varients of this species are even nicer looking IMO.
                        Cheers
                        Chris

Comment

this is the female the slings are from, absolutely stunning in my opinion

Last edited by matthew spooner; 06-06-08, 08:07 PM. Reason: wrong photo

Comment

stunning,mine is on veiw every night!-it is starting to wander a bit though and im wondering if i have a juv.male-it has webbed in to moult today though so should be able to tell soon.Ventrally?...confusing, using my usual method of a dimple in the middle for male.Palps Nicola?-if you get that near your bitten!!-mines not that defensive though.

Smith.spider

Comment

Originally posted by matthew spooner View Post
                              hiya guys. does anybody know what the going rate is for Ephebopus murinus spiderlings? ta
                              We sold ours for a pound each as we generally do with all our slings, they can get around 5 pounds each and Ive seen them for more!

Comment

Working...
                              X