Any groups in south yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any groups in south yorkshire

Just been sat chilling out in my garden thinking about if there's any groups around south yorkshire, sheff, rotherham, barnsly, that meet up at all,
    is there any small groups of friends that want to expand into a full on group that meets up so many times a month or when ever...
    Maybe there's a load of people like me that sit around thinking it would be nice to have a club to start or join,
    imagine there could be 10 people all sat around rotherham area that could all meet up,that would be a nice start to a club, next min you got a few more joining and then a few more, n you got a nice club,all meet up somewhere or better still my house chilling out on back garden with a bar-b-q going taking about spiders.....that would be just fine.

russ

your best bet russ would be to hire a cheap village hall one nite and advertise well in all local papers etc to say that the meeting is going on, you will probably find loads of enthusiasts come crawling out of the woodwork
    THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

good thinking.....only thing is i'm not an organiser type of guy, i'm more of a sit in the background guy and just slowly yabber on to different people, plus my knowlage is not great of spiders, it would be better run by somone who has the abbliity to stand and organise things and hav lots of knowlage..
      probably...

Comment

u dont need to have lots of knowledge, thats the beauty of a clun, you share each others knowledge. we get lecturers in to give us talks every month. this month we have paul carpenter from the bts, later in the year we have peter kirk, ray hale and andrew smith from the bts aswell.
        THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

i'll have to have a good think about it, i'm kind of thinking on the lines of there's not many around south yorkshire otherwise i would of thort there would already be a club up and running..i'll have a look into how much village hall costs in my village.

Comment

aside from the bts, i think we are possibly the only up and running srachnid club in the country, just because there is no club does not mean there are not enthusiasts, it just means none of them have got their ass into gear. i would say not even a quarter of the people that keep tarantulas visit this website so i am sure there will be lots of people. make up a flyer and hand copies to all the pet shops in the area that sell T's that way they can give a copy to people who buy Ts frm them and get the word out

Comment

good idea.... there's a couple of shops in sheff, two in chesterfield, and one in nottingham that i deal with on a regular basis so they could be a good start.

Comment

well good luck to ya mate. i tell ya there is nothing better than that meeting once a month. it is brilliant on a social and educational level, loads of free tea and coffee. if you brew it, they will come lol

Comment

meeting up

hi russ where abouts in south yorkshire are you? guessing rotherham, i only live in doncaster could be a good idea to meet up

craig

Comment

Hi craig..
                    just outside rotherham in thurcroft, i work in donny tho, do you know of anyone else around area that may also be intersted in starting a group, ???

Comment

i would have to ask but i think i know of 2 more who would have a get together
                      craig

Comment

hay.... could be a start, i dont know anyone at all, sayint that yes i do he has a massive interst, but sadly his new woman doesnt and refuses to let him have anymore in the house,but he'll prob come too, i have an idea if your intersted, this saturday 14th there is a re-enactment and falconry display at doncaster outsite St georges church, granted its nothing to do with spiders but i'll be there and if your passing we'll have a chat.

Comment

what time does it start

craig

Comment

it starts about 12ish...
                            i'll be there between 12 and 3ish i think,

Comment

i'll try and pop down

Comment

Working...
                              X