Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bird eater question

hi all, quick question...

...how do i sex my goliath? s/he just moulted, about 4-5 inches across leg tip to tip.

cheers, jon

Hi Jon

The most sure fire way of correctly sexing your spider is with the shed skin (exuvium). you will be looking on the inner side between the two booklungs nearest to the "main body" (where the legs stem from) for the spermatecae,
    I have an image stored on this site which shows the spermatecae of a Grammostola (Click Here) yours will be a little different but will be in the same position.

There is a short piece on sexing by Mark R Hart (from Rick Wests website) here

and a further article on Mikhails site here

If you can take a "close up" clear photo of the relevant area and post it on the forum there will be several members who will confirm the sex for you.
    Don't forget to learn what you can, when you can, where you can.

Please Support CB Grammostola :- Act Now To Secure The Future

Comment

Birdeater

Click image for larger version

Name:	L Para moult Female.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	93560

Hi Mate
      Attached is a piccy of the place sort of thing to look for
      This is the shed skin of my Lasiodora Parahybana ( Brazilian Salmon Pink Birdeater) on the female you will find a small " pouch " inside the abdominal skin in front of the booklungs ( white blobs) this is basicaly the uterus that is shed at each moult

If you can get a good closeup picture after he / she moults next time post it here and you will get loads of advice

All the best
      Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
      -------------------------------------------------------
      Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

Working...
      X