Metreopelma or Cyclosternum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metreopelma or Cyclosternum?

I purchased this spiderling very recently, it was sold as Cyclosernum fasciatum.

I noticed another very similar species listed called Metreopelma zebratum..how does one distinguish between the two? They both look extremely similar, only one picture I found of a younger Metreoplema had more orange bands on the abdomen (the reason for my confusion!).

Here's a pic of Metreopelma zebratum

and here's a pic of my C. fasciatum

I wouldn't like to say which species yours is but the M. zebratum tends to be a lot smaller with thicker looking legs.
    My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

hey I recently got a c.fasciatum sling myself but its tiny it dosent have the bright colours yet so I was thinking the same thing.I read somewhere that mature male c.fasciatums have tibial spurs while male m.zebratas dont.But then again if you have a female then your stumpped lol so I'll need to do a bit of research myself on that one.
      2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

I thought this identification was getting easier!!!
        My Collection - Summer 2011

Comment

Working...
        X