is this normal???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this normal???

Hey evryone on B.T.S forums hope all u boffins can help me.I have a Brachypelma Albiceps (formerly Ruhnaui) i've had he/she for 2yrs 3 months and no moults wat so ever!!! I have tryed evrything raising temperature,lower temperature,more humidity,less humidity and still nothing lol it eats fine for periods then refuses for a while then eats again is this normal someone please help!!!!
    2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

how big is it at the moment?

Comment

i have one of these too. beautiful species!! i have noticed with mine that she is permanantly in her hide and rarely comes out, she moulted in there a month or so ago. i dont know if these are a burrowing species, mine doesnt but am unsure of the habit of the species in general. if yours does burrow then it is possible that it has moulted inside the burrow. have you noticed any growth at all?
      THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

About 4 inches and no growth wat so ever and he/she dosent burrow it has a hide but prefers to stay out in the open i just cant work it out lol.
        2xB.vagans, B.smithi, 2x L.parahybana, L.polycuspulatus, G.aureostriata, C.fasciatum, B.albopilosum, B.boehmei, P.pulcher, H.maculata, C.crawshayi, L.violaceopes, C.cyanopubescens, 3xP.irminia, 2xP.murinus RCF, 2xP.cambridgei, C.fimbriatus, C.schioedtei, A.pupurea, A.azuraklassi, A.versicolor, H.lividum, P.reduncus.

Comment

it is rather wierd, how have you got your tank set up? temp, humidity etc
          THE SOUTH EAST ARACHNID SHOW, SUNDAY 29TH JANUARY, ASHFORD INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, JUNCTION 10 M20

Comment

temp at the moment is around 21 - 22 degrees ive raised it as high as 26 - 27 in the past and humidity roughly around 50 - 60 % ive tryed raising and lowering that also im using vermiculite at the moment but im gona change it to coconut substrate, its weird alright lol

Comment

well...it IS a Brachypelma...they are slow growing, typically!
              Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
              -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->

Comment

very true, they are a very slow growing genus, but not slow enough to have not moulted in 2 years surely

Comment

it sounds a long time, definitely...but if it's eating and doing it's thing, i wouldn't panic.
                  Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
                  -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

however, after doing some asking, it does seem a bit strange. it wouldn't be growing much now, as it's nearly fullgrown. so it may be you've just not seen the exuvia. it must be mashing them, or burying them, or something...
                    how fresh does it look? or is it rather grey in appearance?
                    -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys its a definate mystery lol they definately are slow growers i had a b. smithi sling before for a long while then when it was bout 4 inches it just died for no reason, i was gutted it was so friendly and i've had a few b. vagans.I recently got an inch long P. irminia my first arboreal any advice on those guys???

Comment

not fresh at all it never has looked to fresh thats whats making me think it has never moulted since i got it.

Comment

that's quite odd indeed...when it DOES moult, it should be stunning though!
                          what size container is it in?

i'm new to irminia, just got a few slings. i'm keeping them pretty normally, feeding quite well and a bit of a spray in the webbing and down the side of their tubs periodically, that's about all i can say. they're still alive, though, so that's a good sign.
                          -Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

look at this pic an tell me is it definately a B. albiceps??
                            Attached Files

Comment

i would say no, the carapace appears to be too brown and albiceps have a red rump. this is a piccy of my albiceps

Comment

Working...
                              X