Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Food

Hi folks,
    well here goes.....I have three small L.para which appear to be doing well. All have recently molted. Two are doing well when it comes to feeding, they will take two small crickets every couple of days, sometimes more. One T wont take food at the moment compared to the other two, I am wondering if this is normal, its not ready to molt as it is too soon. ???

Dont forget that they are all indivuals and will all eat different.
    Some will eat much more than others and grow much faster, some will eat like its going out of fashion and then wont eat for a month or two.
    Have you seen this thread ---- http://www.thebts.co.uk/forums/showt...8049#post28049

The larger genic is now even larger compared to the other

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Murdoch View Post
      Hi folks,
      well here goes.....I have three small L.para which appear to be doing well. All have recently molted. Two are doing well when it comes to feeding, they will take two small crickets every couple of days, sometimes more. One T wont take food at the moment compared to the other two, I am wondering if this is normal, its not ready to molt as it is too soon. ???
      Hi Andrew
      Dont Worry mate my L para will go for weeks without food before a moult and will sometimes take weeks to start again after a moult but when she does eat she will devour everything in site
      they all have their own habits
      Clinton

Maxine 9 - 9.5 inch Lasiodora Parahybana
      -------------------------------------------------------
      Pet charity site http://www.sponsoracat.org.uk/

Comment

I may be able to help somewhat. Richard Shah and myself bought B.smithis from the same dealer at roughly the same time. Both tarantulas were the same size and most likely from the same egg sac. That was back in Feb. My tarantula has already moulted once and is now due another one any time soon. Her bald patch has gone a nice shade of black. If Richard could post a pic of what his smithi is like now with some measurements and compare them to mine, then maybe we could see if ther is a difference from the same batch. That is provided they are from the same sac. Like I say, it may help somewhat, but not entirely!
        Gloria my little Brachypelma smithi.

Comment

Working...
        X