Week 11 rosie update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 rosie update

Hey everyone. Haven't posted here recently but I still come by every few days to read about everyone's spids

Just wanted to give an update on my mated G. rosea RCF. Today is 11 weeks exactly since she was mated. Still no clue if she is definitely gravid (maybe someone with some experience can take a guess from the pics?). She doesn't look as fat as I would expect her to be, but then she hasn't been fed much recently as I've been back and forth sorting out moving home from uni. She didn't get fed at all last week, and this week she's only had 2 crickets (3 if you count the one in there waiting to be eaten right now) and I've run out. Am waiting on a delivery which should get here tomorrow and then I'll give her a feast!

Anyway here are some pics.

This was her on June 6th, 8.5 weeks after mating:

Since then I've turned off her heatmat as my room back home doesn't get as cold as it did at uni. She has calmed down a bit recently, less digging and less flighty when disturbed. I assume this is because she isn't so warm.

This is her today:

So going by normal time scales that I've read in breeding reports, if she is gravid I should expect an eggsac any time from next week, but it could still be another few months. I really hope she is pregnant and not just fat, lol. But either way she is still a beauty and the only one of my spiders which makes me go "Wow you're pretty" without fail every time I look in her tank!

Thanks for reading, Hope everyone here is well
    Last edited by Kate Arbon; 25-06-08, 01:43 PM.

well she does look tubby! hopefully that's a good sign. good luck, Kate
    Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
    -Martin Luther King Jr.

<-Black Metal Contra Mundum->
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

love that pink on her. gd luck with the hoping she is pregnant

Comment

Awww, she's looking beautiful Kate. Good to see you here again too.
        The lady certainly seems to have filled out a bit; heavy on the booty now! But it can be surprising how trim some of them remain...one of mine didn't even look gravid, then she threw out a sac.
        If your girl has started to become more fidgety, watch for webbing and digging...sure signs that she's looking for a place to lay. Good luck! I have my fingers crossed for you.

Comment

Thanks Louise.

She has been webbing and digging since about a week after being mated, lol. Think she is trying to keep me guessing

Comment

She's looking big and very, very pretty Kate. You should be really proud of her. I don't know whether this is the right thing to do but if the male is still around and she's not produced an egg sack soon, how about trying to mate here again? If she refuses then the signs might be that she's gravid, if not then thats a bonus!!!
            sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Working...
            X