Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.D Please anyone?

Hi, I hope someone can help me here,

After moving my A Genics water dish for a little bit of clean, to my surprise I found this stuff! Anyone know what it is and whether it's harmful?
    I scooped it all out right away and chucked it to be on the safe side.
    I've also noticed that there is a small amount more at the side of glass, deep down in the substrate in roughly the same area (under the water dish).
    The whole enclosure is quite dry, this is the only real moist area so if it was a fungus or mould of some kind I'm hoping it can't spread.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
    Cheers muchly
    T.
    www.tomaswhitehouse.com
    info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Hi Tomas

Looks like mushroom mycelium preparing to bloom. Don't worry this comes in every cage once in a while. I usually throw in a few isopods and they tend to find a balance with the mushroom mycelium so the blooms are less overwhelming. Basically the mushrooms are harmless - I have a sulphur yellow bloom of the cosmopolitan yellow pot-plant mushroom with my H. minax for the time being - time to bring in the isopods!

Regards
    Søren

Comment

Originally posted by Søren Rafn View Post
      Hi Tomas

Looks like mushroom mycelium preparing to bloom. Don't worry this comes in every cage once in a while. I usually throw in a few isopods and they tend to find a balance with the mushroom mycelium so the blooms are less overwhelming. Basically the mushrooms are harmless - I have a sulphur yellow bloom of the cosmopolitan yellow pot-plant mushroom with my H. minax for the time being - time to bring in the isopods!

Regards
      Søren
      Thanking you kindly for the info! I did have some tropical woodlice that a very kind chap sent to me, but sadly after a long works trip they had all died out by the time I returned home. Bummer, I guess I'll have a rummage around in the forests the next time I get a chance. Thanks very much for the info!
      www.tomaswhitehouse.com
      info@tomaswhitehouse.com

Comment

Working...
      X